Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What other operating systems do you multi-boot on your main computer?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • BSD

0 0%
  • Mac

0 0%
  • Windows

13 50.00%
  • Other

4 15.38%
  • None... I'm Linux only!

14 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes
Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 Interesting that there are no users running Mac & Linux or BSD & Linux. That surprises me a bit as well. I know that we have ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Interesting that there are no users running Mac & Linux or BSD & Linux.
    That surprises me a bit as well. I know that we have a few users that play around with some of the BSDs from time to time, but maybe they aren't keeping them on dual-boot systems.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Dualbooting Slackware and FreeDOS...

On my home computer it's Linux only. Presently Mint 11 with IceWM but also have old installs of CRUX 2.3 and 2.5 on the hard drive. On my work computer, I run CRUX 2.7 with OpenBox but also must boot into XP as there is a certain screenwriting application I use, "Final Draft" that won't run satisfactorily under wine or from XP using VirtualBox.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm still dual booting my laptop and pc with uhhhh.... you know what. I haven't come to the point of knowledge and experience wherein I can operate totally free from this. .
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    I'm still dual booting my laptop and pc with uhhhh.... you know what. I haven't come to the point of knowledge and experience wherein I can operate totally free from this. .
    Right... I thought that about myself for the longest time, but about 6 years ago finally got up the nerve to remove Windows and have never looked back, or considered dual-booting again. May the force be with you!
    oz

Just Joined!
    I still have windows on my laptop, since im a student and they dont always make using linux easy. (Though i always work around it, havent actually used windows in months). Only started using linux about a year ago, coming up on the anniversary where i started with Cygwin. Now i'm up to gentoo and have two other machines that run only debian. I'm even starting to convert my dad little by little even though he grew up a dos kid.
    MikeTbob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblade View Post
    I still have windows on my laptop, since im a student and they dont always make using linux easy. (Though i always work around it, havent actually used windows in months). Only started using linux about a year ago, coming up on the anniversary where i started with Cygwin. Now i'm up to gentoo and have two other machines that run only debian. I'm even starting to convert my dad little by little even though he grew up a dos kid.
    SCHWEET!
    Nice little story there. I likes it.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3