Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am a newbie to the Linux OS, i got fed up with the Windows OS because of security risks and having to pay for everything to run ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Newbie here

Hi all,
    I am a newbie to the Linux OS, i got fed up with the Windows OS because of security risks and having to pay for everything to run my Windows OS properly, i have now switched to Ubuntu 11.10 and changed my search engine to duck duck go, so there will be no more personal information being collected from me from my browsing and computing ways, i am also very interested in using the terminal a lot and learning the scripts/codes to maneuver around my system, i will probably need alot of help in the area of the terminal as i know basically nothing about the codes, i have installed some helper applications to help me for now until i can get a good understanding of the terminal code, that being said i am glad to be part of this great community and i thank you all for letting me be a part of it

Welcome to LinuxForums!

i am also very interested in using the terminal a lot and learning the scripts/codes to maneuver around my system
    For some starting information on working with the terminal, take a look here: LinuxCommand.org: Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts.
    We're an easy going group, so if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Welcome to LinuxForums!

For some starting information on working with the terminal, take a look here: (URL LINK Portion removed as I can't post even a quote with a link til I have more posts) Learn the Linux command line. Write shell scripts.
    We're an easy going group, so if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask.
    D'OH! You stole my thunder. I an also a NOOB but I found that little GEM and have been reading it every night b4 bed. I was going to recommend it as NOOB Approved but you beat me to it.

Anyway welcome to Linux fr33mat3...

Welcome fr33mat3 and kodocha, glad to have you with us.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys