Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by jayd512 I dunno about that... Shinin' is every bit of an art, just shy of some forms of physics! More chemistry than physics I think! In any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    I dunno about that...
    Shinin' is every bit of an art, just shy of some forms of physics!
    More chemistry than physics I think! In any case, most of the physicists I know do like a good glass of whiskey at times!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Speaking of shinin' - my extended family in Mexico has had a Mescal still for the past 4 generations. My adopted sister Marina is the current master of the still. Our families have been close for about 50 years now. Marina's nephew Esteban grew up with my niece, and then became over time chief maintenance engineer with Mexicana Airlines (now retired). His wife Civis is a federal prosecutor in Oaxaca, and one brother is a civil engineer, the other is the family lawyer in Mexico, and his sister is the proprietor of a string of day spas in and around Mexico City. When she (Pati - Esteban's sister) was 25, she was managing a department of 500 people for the Mexican Finance Ministry (she has a degree in finance from UNAM - the Mexican national university). The remarkable thing about all this is that their mother, Adela, has only a 3rd grade education and raised these kids by herself, but she has been successful in business and property investments. She grew up in a dirt-poor village in southern Oaxaca and lifted herself and her family out of poverty into a solid middle-class (or better) existence by dint of personal effort. FWIW, she and her sister Marina were my niece and nephew's nannies both in Mexico and later in Europe when my sister moved to Holland and England to play in the symphonies there. Adela is now known as Granny Nanny (Nana Abuela) to my grand-nieces!

My sister was principal violist of the Royal Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra (AKA the London Philharmonic Symphony, not the London Symphony Orchestra, or LSO) for 20 years until she retired and returned to Mexico in the '90s. Now, my niece is a well known Latina actress, and my nephew is a high school teacher. When he died, their father was the director of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Eduardo Mata. Being a native son of Oaxaca, Eduardo's ashes are interred at the Zapotec archaeological site of Monte Alban, outside the city of Oaxaca. So, I think that since Mescal is the native drink of Oaxaca, it is only fitting that the family has a Mescal still, don't you? FWIW, one sister in law has a dairy ranch in southern Oaxaca, and another is a retired Catholic nun. If you think I have an interesting family, you are correct! Attached is a photo of Mount Orizaba taken from near my sister's house in Xalapa, Veracruz. I own the property next door on which I hope to build a retirement home someday...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2