Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
didn't actually lose anything cos i had that terabyte backed up in an image on another drive, and had an image within that image of the drive (original win7) that ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

didn't actually lose anything cos i had that terabyte backed up in an image on another drive, and had an image within that image of the drive (original win7) that was on it's last good spin which i was using until the power failure toasted it, or it went to steady clicking from that point on,

nevertheless, wasn't expecting at all to lose the terabyte on that drive, just did as much as i could with what i had, including backing that up

amazing little (1.78MB) backup prog > DriveImage XML

ok, the model is hp md1000h

a google has others with similar issues (had a quick glance) in the first few hits

External hard drive Accessing Issue with my md1000h~1TB - HP Support Forum
    Recap:

So my computer recognizes the device(s) , but it wont allow me to access my files within the hard drive.

I haven't really got any error messages other that the windows is not responding, when trying to open a folder i did get one error that said I/O device error. I dont get it, b/c i was just watching recorded tv and videos from it last night.

My Computer: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m8100y

Re: External hard drive Accessing Issue with my md1000h~1TB
    Options

06-23-2010 05:21 PM

i have the same issue with the HP MD 1000H no need to explaint it again ..SAME exact issue..

I can only see the drives but i cant get access to tthe files anymore, and I dont wanna lost them. and makes my PC lag a lot ..

We need a solution to this issue please...
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...krcpBg&cad=rja
    HP SimpleSave md1000h write protected! - can't initialize drive
    Options

08-01-2010 12:09 AM

The drive does not show up under windows explorer. Under Disk Management, the drive shows up as Not Initialized and Unallocated. When I try to initialize the drive I get "The media is write protected" Restarted the PC and also the external hard drive and the same thing.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

so, dunno why exactly, but if you disassemble an external HD from its enclosure, then put it in a pute, stuff on it could be gone, not accessible ..or something

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2