Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by cousinlucky Yeah that's the way it usually is with sequels. Aliens ( director's cut ) was better than Alien; but then the series went to pot. True, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Yeah that's the way it usually is with sequels. Aliens ( director's cut ) was better than Alien; but then the series went to pot.
    True, but you still gotta like Sigourney! I did like Alien Resurrection better, but Predator vs. Alien was just bogus!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Watched Austin Powers in Goldmember once again yesterday.

That series of movies weren't great, but they were okay for a bit of comedic relief, and all of them have their very funny moments. I can never stop laughing at those scenes in Goldmember when Powers is riding on top of Mini-Me's shoulders under the lab coat and the combo-character is asked to give the urine specimen. All the scenes at that moment in the lab are hilarious.

BTW - I've read elsewhere that Austin Powers 4 is already in the works.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Watched Austin Powers in Goldmember once again yesterday.
    The first one was very clever and funny. The sequels had a few funny moments but overall, I didn't like them nearly as much as the first one. The hot tube scene was hysterical.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    For those that like thrillers and haven't seen it already, you might want to check out Cape Fear.

Of course there is the old 1962 black and white classic with Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum, but there is also the 1991 remake starring Nick Nolte and Robert De Niro. Mitchum had a lesser part in the remake as well. Both versions of the movie are quite good so I'm unable to pick one over the other as being the best, but De Niro was certainly an excellent bad guy in the remake.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I finally got around to watching Tron: Legacy once again last night, but this time in 3D. This movie is okay but certainly not a great movie, and the 3D itself wasn't anywhere near as good as that found in Avatar 3D, at least in my opinion. I personally enjoyed the music and other sound effects much more than the video.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I know that it came out in 2003, but I just finished watching Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World for the first time, ever. It wasn't great but pretty good, and the sound track is awesome if you have a nice sound system in place. The cannons firing on the ships during the attacks literally shook my walls and windows.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Aliens ( director's cut ) was better than Alien; but then the series went to pot.
    No, Aliens was not better than Alien. You may have personally liked Aliens better, but Alien was the much superior film.

oz
    forum.guy
    Alien was certainly my own favorite of the bunch!
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Alien is one of the best suspenseful, creepy thrillers of all time and Aliens (the directors cut) is one of the best action movies of all time. Picking the best of them is like picking the best of two things that are entirely different. That said, I tend to prefer which ever one I've watched most recently; currently that is Aliens.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I know that it came out in 2003, but I just finished watching Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World for the first time, ever. It wasn't great but pretty good, and the sound track is awesome if you have a nice sound system in place. The cannons firing on the ships during the attacks literally shook my walls and windows.
    Good to know...
    I still haven't watched it.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 ... LastLast