Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by oz Just finished watching Hot Fuzz... a British action/comedy film from 2007 written by and starring Simon Pegg. It's not great, but the final 20 minutes or ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Just finished watching Hot Fuzz... a British action/comedy film from 2007 written by and starring Simon Pegg. It's not great, but the final 20 minutes or so made it worth watching, and the soundtrack really gives your speakers and subwoofer a heavy duty workout.
    Yeah I thought Hot Fuzz was pretty awesome, but that duo is pretty nice in general. Shaun of the Dead was good too.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by charleseddy View Post
    Shaun of the Dead was good too.
    I've not seen that one yet, but aware of it and have been considering giving it a look.
    oz

Rented the New Conan from Redbox.

Rose McGowan and Ron Perlman, (one of my favourite renaissance-man type of tough guy), were pretty good in it. I kinda smiled at how some people had bad teeth and gums while others looked like they used ultra brite.

I read Conan, John Carter of Mars, The Lensman series, all kinds of sword and sorcery and spaceship novels, all as a kid. It was what got me into reading books. I like watching these kinds of movies.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    I read Conan, John Carter of Mars, The Lensman series, all kinds of sword and sorcery and spaceship novels, all as a kid. It was what got me into reading books. I like watching these kinds of movies.
    roky, you might like Immortals:

Immortals (2011) - IMDb

It was just released on video a few days back so I watched it over the weekend. The story itself wasn't spectacular, but it had great cinematography and sound. I've not seen Conan yet, but have been wanting to.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I've not seen that one yet, but aware of it and have been considering giving it a look.
    It does to Zombie movies what Hot Fuzz did to cop movies. Very, very funny.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    It does to Zombie movies what Hot Fuzz did to cop movies. Very, very funny.
    That does it then... I'm going to have to check it out.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Inception once again last night and found it to be a little better the 2nd time around:

Inception (2010) - IMDb

It got higher ratings at the movie database than what I'd give it, but I can see how some might have really liked it since it was quite different and mind bending. The first time around, I probably didn't pay close enough attention to detail to understand all that was happening.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching George Harrison: Living in the Material World, a documentary directed by Martin Scorsese:

IMDb - George Harrison: Living in the Material World (2011)

I learned a lot of things about the former Beatle that I didn't know before this, and there was a lot of music performed by George and other popular musician friends of his, including the other Beatles. Definitely worth a rental, or a Netflix / Vudu viewing if you were a fan.
    oz

I watched Inception once again last night and found it to be a little better the 2nd time around:

Inception (2010) - IMDb

It got higher ratings at the movie database than what I'd give it, but I can see how some might have really liked it since it was quite different and mind bending. The first time around, I probably didn't pay close enough attention to detail to understand all that was happening.
    I have tried watching it twice but have not gotten to the end yet. I feel like I should be taking LSD or something
    to be able to grasp what is happening in this movie!! It may be that my old brain is not capable of grasping the plot!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I know it isn't a movie, but I definitely love Doctor Who! I was just watching a classic set starring Jon Pertwee (early 70's) called "Invasion of the Dinosaurs". It had to have the worst rubber monsters ever seen on TV or film! Even so, it was a great series! FWIW, it's available on BBC video DVD's: Amazon.com: Doctor Who: Invasion of the Dinosaurs (Story 71): Jon Pertwee, Elisabeth Sladen, Nicholas Courtney, Richard Franklin, John Levene, Pat Gorman, Paddy Russell, Barry Letts, Malcolm Hulke: Movies & TV
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast