Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Just finished watching Battle Los Angeles for the second time: Battle Los Angeles (2011) - IMDb It's not a great movie, but it has plenty of gunfire, grenades, rockets, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Just finished watching Battle Los Angeles for the second time:

Battle Los Angeles (2011) - IMDb

It's not a great movie, but it has plenty of gunfire, grenades, rockets, and loud explosions for those that are really into that sort of thing.
    PYTH0N likes this.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Yes. Battle:LA is very action packed... I saw adventures of Tin Tin last night and really liked it the animation was flawless.

oz
    forum.guy
    Watched one early this morning called The Art of Flight:

The Art of Flight (2011) - IMDb

This is more a documentary than it is a movie, and it's about "extreme snowboarding". While I'm not into that or even snow skiing for that matter, this movie is well worth watching. It's really quite a visual and audio spectacle, and the snowboarding is probably as good as you'll ever see. It's hard to believe that nobody was killed while filming it.

If you want reference material to use for showing off your home theater system, this is it.
    oz

My wife and I watched and loved the movie titled "Joe Namath", on Showtime or HBO, Cinemax, one of THEM guys. It tells the story of Joe Namath and it's well worth watching. Funny, Sad, thought provoking,,,I recommend it to sports fans and non sports fan alike.
    IMDb - Joe Namath
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy

The Avengers

It's not out just yet (releases May 4th), so obviously I've not seen it, but I'm very much looking forward to watching The Avengers:

The Avengers (2012) - IMDb

It's going to have a pretty good mix of super humans in it, and the cast is full of great actors. That, along with Joss Whedon (Firefly, Serenity, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) having written and directed it, I'm thinking it should be quite a movie, very worthy of a bit of our time and money.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    It does to Zombie movies what Hot Fuzz did to cop movies. Very, very funny.
    Okay, my copy of Shaun of the Dead came in this morning and I watched it a couple of hours ago. It was both interesting and funny, especially as it got deeper into the movie where all the action started. My personal favorite of the two movies is Hot Fuzz although there were a lot of similarities.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the US version):

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - IMDb

Rooney Mara was outstanding in the role of Lisbeth Salander and I really don't know how she could have played the part any better. Daniel Craig was good as well.

Having already seen all three of the Swedish version films making up the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition, I wasn't sure how this US version would stack up, but it was very good. The movie has a complex plot with a lot of different characters, so it can be a little hard to follow and it starts off a bit slow, but things do pick up.

My personal rating for this movie is a very solid 8 out of 10 score.

Edit: if you are going to watch either the US version or the Swedish version, but not both, I'd recommend the Swedish extended version with English subtitles enabled.
    Last edited by oz; 03-25-2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: see edit
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Just finished watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the US version):

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - IMDb

Rooney Mara was outstanding in the role of Lisbeth Salander and I really don't know how she could have played the part any better. Daniel Craig was good as well.

Having already seen all three of the Swedish version films making up the Dragon Tattoo Trilogy: Extended Edition, I wasn't sure how this US version would stack up, but it was very good. The movie has a complex plot with a lot of different characters, so it can be a little hard to follow and it starts off a bit slow, but things do pick up.

My personal rating for this movie is a very solid 8 out of 10 score.

Good to hear, I'm interested in seeing this one. Even more so now, thanks.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Good to hear, I'm interested in seeing this one. Even more so now, thanks.
    Note that there are some very brutal scenes (torture and rape) in both the Swedish and US versions, so you might not want to have any children watching. I felt like the Swedish version was slightly more graphic.
    oz

We watched the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Downey is an amazing actor but mumbled his way through the whole film making it impossible at times to follow him or the story which was thin and forgettable. Cinematography and set design were excellent as were the special effects but these weren't enough to make it any better. I'll give it two out of a possible five stars.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast