Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan We watched the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Downey is an amazing actor but mumbled his way through the whole ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    We watched the first Sherlock Holmes with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Downey is an amazing actor but mumbled his way through the whole film making it impossible at times to follow him or the story which was thin and forgettable. Cinematography and set design were excellent as were the special effects but these weren't enough to make it any better. I'll give it two out of a possible five stars.
    This can't be anything as good as the new Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch. That has been an (IMO) awesome production! Sherlock in the 21st century.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

IMDb - Avatar (2009)

I saw it yesterday (on TV) - first time. I was actually very cynical about this one - but despite it's numerous flaws, clichés, loose ends and lack of any originality I admit that I actually somewhat liked it for the effects alone...

It was like "Dances with Wolves - in space" - in fact to be specific: in James Cameron's Aliens universe. The humans, or should I say the Americans and in particular the marines, were portrayed as the usual mindless, racist, not to mention very gung-ho trigger happy bunch. The "company" were also there, with the typical "company man" (Selfridge) who quite predictably cares nothing about the natives or their lands, but only profit. He was almost an exact copy of his counterpart in Aliens. Adding Sigourney Weaver made the whole thing even more familiar. Cameron could have easily put the whole thing together in the Aliens universe and thrown together a sequel with xenomorphs, etc...

(what happened to the other scientist fellow...? His avatar was shot in the battle and he awoke in the "cabin" in the woods, but when the protagonist fights it out with the colonel towards the end (in and around the cabin) he is simply nowhere to be seen... later on he reappears at the end of the film...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    This can't be anything as good as the new Sherlock series with Benedict Cumberbatch. That has been an (IMO) awesome production! Sherlock in the 21st century.
    The Downey movie was enjoyable despite its flaws; but the Sherlock series is far better, in my humble opinion!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

My phone has been out for three days so I could not get on-line but I finally forced myself to completely watch Inception!! The " special effects " were great but the plot was a disappointment!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

oz
    forum.guy
    9 is an interesting animated film with a cast of good actors doing the voicing for anyone that might be interested:

9 (2009) - IMDb

The animation and sound track make it worth at least a rental, or a borrow from a friend.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    9 is an interesting animated film with a cast of good actors doing the voicing for anyone that might be interested:

9 (2009) - IMDb

The animation and sound track make it worth at least a rental, or a borrow from a friend.
    If you liked 9, you might want to check out "Strings" (2004). Here is the imdb entry: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374248/
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I found both " 9 " and Artificial Intelligence somewhat tedious to watch; but that is just my opinion as these movies just sit on a shelf.

I recently watched two Warren Beatty films Dick Tracy and Bullworth!!
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Apollo 13 again earlier tonight (finally got around to purchasing it on blu-ray). It's still one of my favorite Ron Howard movies, and I never get tired of seeing it due to the subject matter and great musical score.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I watched Apollo 13 again earlier tonight (finally got around to purchasing it on blu-ray). It's still one of my favorite Ron Howard movies, and I never get tired of seeing it due to the subject matter and great musical score.
    When it comes down to it, that's one of the bast movies ever made.
    The cast, the acting, the script, and the production values are all second to none.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    When it comes down to it, that's one of the bast movies ever made.
    The cast, the acting, the script, and the production values are all second to none.
    Yeah, it's a great all around movie! I always thought the rocket launch was a real one filmed either by Howard or footage filmed by NASA, but it turns out that it was all done with models.
    oz

Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast