Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by elija May the Fourth. I just got a mental picture of Vizinni from Princess Bride in a brown Jedi robe, with a slightly crazy look in his ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    May the Fourth.
    I just got a mental picture of Vizinni from Princess Bride in a brown Jedi robe, with a slightly crazy look in his eye, uttering that classic phrase...

oz
    forum.guy
    Just watched Hot Fuzz again... this time with the wife, but she didn't like it:

Hot Fuzz (2007) - IMDb

She says she doesn't see the humor in it, but I've always thought of it as quite funny and entertaining!
    oz

Do HBO special comedies count?
    I would like to point out that Lewis Black knocks every political party out there.. and also knocks every religion, including his own.
    That said, you guys should look up anything by Lewis Black.

Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

I had to go to City Hall today ( and get aggravated ) so when I came out I went to J&R to get a DVD
    to watch and calm down. One of the movies I bought was Hot Fuzz because it has been mentioned here!!
    Well thanks LF members the movie was great and just what I needed today to relax!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

In saw it a few years ago, and I have it now to watch again.
    Interstate 60: Episodes of the Road

All I can say is that it's different. And it's a fun movie to watch.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

We saw a couple of good movies this week. I give Hesher a 7 of 10 and a 6 of 10 for Straw Dogs.
    Hesher (2010) - IMDb
    Straw Dogs (2011) - IMDb
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched and older one called The Thin Red Line last night:

The Thin Red Line (1998) - IMDb

It's not your typical movie-goer's movie, but I liked it. The cast was great (see the listing at link above), the cinematography and music were beautiful, and the story was interesting. It reminded me a bit of Saving Private Ryan and The Band of Brothers, but was definitely not a copy of either of them.
    oz

Hawkmen Diiivve!!!

As soon as I saw " Flash Gordon " on the DVD shelf I remembered the laughing of Aiya, my then girlfriends daughter, as the three of us watched the movie in a theater when it first came out. It's not a great movie but it was fun to watch it again and to remember the great time we had.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    As soon as I saw " Flash Gordon " on the DVD shelf I remembered the laughing of Aiya, my then girlfriends daughter, as the three of us watched the movie in a theater when it first came out. It's not a great movie but it was fun to watch it again and to remember the great time we had.
    definitely not a great movie, in the classic sense, but brilliantly done as a "B" movie. i love it. it does not hurt that Queen did the music. actually, that has quite a lot to do with it, if i'm being honest.

I tell you one thing, both my kids know what follows "What do you mean, 'Flash Gordon approaching?'"

oz
    forum.guy
    Last night and tonight, I did an Underworld marathon to watch all the movies (for the first time) including the latest one, Awakening:

Underworld (2003) - IMDb

Underworld: Evolution (2006) - IMDb

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans (2009) - IMDb

Underworld: Awakening (2012) - IMDb

None of them were great, but they were all okay with the first two being the best in my opinion. I only bought them because I thought Kate Beckinsale was in all of them, but it turns out that she was not in the third movie.

If you haven't seen any of them but like vampire or werewolf movies (or vampire vs werewolf), you might like these.
    oz

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast