Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by oz I watched several different movies over the weekend as follows: The Fighter (2010) - IMDb Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) - IMDb Inglourious ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I watched several different movies over the weekend as follows:

The Fighter (2010) - IMDb

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) - IMDb

Inglourious Basterds (2009) - IMDb

I initially thought that I'd not like any of those movies all that much but they all surprised me and were enjoyable. Christian Bale was pretty amazing as Micky Ward's brother in The Fighter although the movie was about halfway to the end before it started clicking with me.

The story itself in Rise of the Planet of the Apes is very different from the prior planet of the apes movies. Another good thing about this movie... it has the very beautiful Frieda Pinto in it!

I'm generally not a Tarantino movies fan, and when I first saw the trailers to Inglourious Basterds it didn't look like my kind of movie at all, but after seeing the entire movie, I was pleasantly surprised. The tension build up in certain scenes like the one at the beginning of the movie were tremendous.

All recommended for at least a rental if nothing else.
    I liked all 3 of these movies. Well worth a rental fee.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    My wife and I just got/watched a DVD of Carter. Personally, we think the critics were full of it. It was a rocking good time, and a pretty fair rendition of Edgar Rice Burroughs' "John Carter of Mars". We are still planning on going to see The Avengers, but haven't found time yet.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    My wife and I just got/watched a DVD of Carter. Personally, we think the critics were full of it. It was a rocking good time, and a pretty fair rendition of Edgar Rice Burroughs' "John Carter of Mars".
    John Carter was somewhat of a flop at the box office but it seems to be doing very well in the blu-ray and dvd format. I personally find myself enjoying more each time I view it.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    I just finished watching Contraband with Mark Wahlberg and Kate Beckinsale:

Contraband (2012) - IMDb

It's not great, but it might be worth a rental to some of you.
    oz

OK, is an animated film, not everybody likes them, but Madagascar 3 is GREAT!!, much funnier than the previous 2. If Bohemian Rhapsody won the best song award with Wayne's World, this year the award should go to Katy Perry for Fireworks, the scene is mesmerizing.

I saw a " Little Rascals " DVD and I just could not resist buying it. I'll watch it later while I'm eating!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Black Hawk Down again last night. This was the first time I've watched again since it first came out back in 2001 and it was much better than I remembered it being:

Black Hawk Down (2001) - IMDb

Good story, cast, video, and audio, and very much worth a purchase unless you just don't care for watching war oriented movies.
    oz

I was thinking about this movie the other day... Titan A.E. (2000) - IMDb
    Seen it many times, and it's always good.... as a Don Bluth film always is.
    Great cast and voice acting. The plot is foreseeable, and works just great with the outstanding CGI!

Worth your time, be it as a rental or purchase.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by arespi View Post
    OK, is an animated film, not everybody likes them, but Madagascar 3 is GREAT!!, much funnier than the previous 2. If Bohemian Rhapsody won the best song award with Wayne's World, this year the award should go to Katy Perry for Fireworks, the scene is mesmerizing.
    I thought M3 was okay, but I'd have to go with the original Madagascar as my fave.

you are right about that Fireworks scene - trippy and awesome.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Good story, cast, video, and audio, and very much worth a purchase unless you just don't care for watching war oriented movies.
    yeah, as good a war movie in recent history as I can think of, well worth the watch.

Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast