Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by elija Watched Krull again yesterday. Cheesetastic! Loved the video game ! I seem to remember feeling a bit let-down leaving the theater, though...but yes, cheese-factor high!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Watched Krull again yesterday. Cheesetastic!
    Loved the video game! I seem to remember feeling a bit let-down leaving the theater, though...but yes, cheese-factor high!

Trusted Penguin

The Big Year

Being a fan of all 3 of the guys (Steve Martin, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson, in particular order), I watched The Big Year last nite, expecting the worst. To my surprise, it did not suck. Also, it was entertaining, and had some actual funny moments, though it was more of a "peer into the life of a crazy birder" style movie. I don't know how much of it is true - Hollywood is Hollywood, after all, and they want to sell tickets, but it smacked of truth, and was thus, all the more compelling. Plus, it had some truly awesome scenic shots, and I suppose some good shots of birds, if you're into that.

Don't expect Steve Martin to slay you w/his sarcastic wit or Jack Black to go rolling down a mountain side, but you get sucked into the story. It is worth a rental, I would say.

The Big Year

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Don't expect Steve Martin to slay you w/his sarcastic wit or Jack Black to go rolling down a mountain side, but you get sucked into the story. It is worth a rental, I would say.

The Big Year
    I saw most of The Big Year on directv a few weeks back and was surprised at how the story itself caught my interest. So, yes, I agree that a rental or borrow from a friend is certainly in order.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Watched Krull again yesterday. Cheesetastic!
    I love that movie! Which is kinda convenient, as it's one of my wife's favorites, as well.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    I just saw The Dark Knight last night. It was amazing!

oz
    forum.guy
    I just finished watching all of Grindhouse for the first time ever, and it's a hoot all the way:

Grindhouse (2007) - IMDb

The second film starts off and stays a little slow up to about the middle of the movie, but then it pays off big time from there and toward the ending.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I just finished watching Zombieland and it turned out to be much better (and funnier) than I was expecting:

Zombieland (2009) - IMDb

Woody Harrelson was really good in this one. Recommended for at least a rental if you like zombie-oriented comedy!
    oz

The World's Fastest Indian

Burt Munro (Played by Anthony Hopkins) was a true biker in this movie. Kinda a cult classic with me. I loved how he took what was available to the average joe and made something extra ordinary out of it.

The life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967. This record still stands today. Munro was 68 and was riding a 47-year-old machine when he set his last record.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I just finished watching Zombieland and it turned out to be much better (and funnier) than I was expecting:

Zombieland (2009) - IMDb

Woody Harrelson was really good in this one. Recommended for at least a rental if you like zombie-oriented comedy!
    Yes! Bill Murray had an excellent cameo, too.

My favorite rule: Rule #2: The double-tap.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    The World's Fastest Indian

Burt Munro (Played by Anthony Hopkins) was a true biker in this movie. Kinda a cult classic with me. I loved how he took what was available to the average joe and made something extra ordinary out of it.
    Yes, definitely a great movie, and one that lots of folks might not have even heard of, much less seen.

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Yes! Bill Murray had an excellent cameo, too.

My favorite rule: Rule #2: The double-tap.
    That was definitely a good rule, and yeah, Murray was really good in it, Amber Heard was "looking" really good too, until the worst happened!
    oz

Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast