Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Of course, when I first watched it (first run release of "House on Haunted Hill" when I was a nubbin), I was scared out of my britches! Later, when watching ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Of course, when I first watched it (first run release of "House on Haunted Hill" when I was a nubbin), I was scared out of my britches! Later, when watching as a teen, college student, and adult (some stuff never gets old!), I could only laugh myself into a stupor!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Roky, the ONLY time I have had to leave a theater, is when watching the original Alien!
    For me, that dubious honor goes to (drum roll...) Ghost. And not because it was scary...well, maybe scary bad.

Definitely, the scariest MOVIE I have ever watched!
    For me, that is still The Exorcist. I watched a Making of... that movie and even that creeped me out. It mentioned how the director tried get a spider walk scene into the movie, but was cut from the final. Look for it on youtube (or don't...).

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    I make a point of seeing the Alien series in a theater setting. It is the only time I have twitched in my seat with goose bumps. So I am waiting, waiting, waiting

Prometheus Movie News & Trailer | A Film By Ridley Scott
    thanks for the tip, i had no idea this movie was in the works. Just checked out the trailer - looks very cool. and of course, b/c it is Ridley Scott it will be dark, visionary, and awesome. the special effects will undoubtedly be unparalleled.

still, I fear that no future Alien movies will ever match the bone-chilling masterpiece that is Alien or be as funny/cool/ground-breaking/quote-irific as Aliens, and it is hard (for me) not to compare them.

however, come opening day, you can bet your face-sucking squid monster that i'll be there, ready to fork over my cash.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Incendies

wiki
    The Gazette's Brendan Kelly gave the film a rare 5 out of 5 stars and called it a "masterpiece."

Shaolin Soccer
    Awesome.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    yes, yes it is. i saw it during the last World Cup, too, so the timing was perfect.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    So, finally a Kung Fu movie where all the gratuitous violence is targeting inanimate objects and not people? Dang! Where is Jackie Chan when you need him?! I still think one of the best chop-socky movies ever made was with Chan in "The Drunken Master"!

Trusted Penguin
    Bruce Lee may be a Kung Fu god, but Jackie Chan is definitely The Man. TDM was great, but I love all his movies. I particularly liked Rumble in the Bronx - great showcase of his use of props in his fighting style. Hell, I even liked The Spy Next Door.

Agreed. I love all of JC's work, even some of the awkward early ones. However, one non-Chan Kung Fu movie that I REALLY loved was "Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain", also known as "The Legend of Zu". Not well known here, but definitely (IMO) worth a watch.

Ah, the power of suggestion! I watched Alien today because I hardly remembered the movie and then I watched
    the director's cut of Aliens which, in my opinion, should have been shown in the theaters.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast