Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Just finished watching a great war story called My Way : My Way (2011) - IMDb https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Way_(2011_film) This is a movie of epic proportion, and I'd give it a score ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Just finished watching a great war story called My Way:

My Way (2011) - IMDb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Way_(2011_film)

This is a movie of epic proportion, and I'd give it a score of about 8.5 out of 10. I'd also recommend watching this one in the default Korean language and enabling subtitles if you don't speak Korean.

Good stuff!
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I watched District 9 last night. It wasn't what I expected but it is very very good. Not really for the young'uns though.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I watched District 9 last night. It wasn't what I expected but it is very very good.
    That's kind of what I thought about District 9. In the end, I felt that it might not have reached its full potential, but certainly worth recommending to others.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Hanna once again last night:

Hanna (2011) - IMDb

Note that this is NOT a Miley Cyrus Hannah Montana movie, but an action thriller that is very much worth checking out.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching Take Shelter:

Take Shelter (2011) - IMDb

Some really good acting by Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain, and a film that is definitely worthy of checking out.

Another one that I'd recommend to those of you that like action hero stories is Super:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512235/

Ellen Page was great in this one.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Another one that I'd recommend to those of you that like action hero stories is Super:

Super (2010) - IMDb

Ellen Page was great in this one.
    Just watched the trailer...I find amusing anything Rainn does (and it is hard to pass up watching most anything involving a superhero leotard) - will definitely be checking this one out. Thanks, oz.

Linux Guru
    The Lincoln Lawyer was pretty good tonight.

The Lincoln Lawyer Clip ("Loaded" from The Lincoln Lawyer) - IMDb

Matthew McConaughey is pretty famous in my neck of the woods.

He owns a 1,600-acre ranch in west Texas, which he purchased for $500,000.He was inducted into the Texas Film Hall of Fame on March 10, 2006 in Austin,

He said " Texas.To understand me, you need to understand Texan logic. If you come from Texas, you're 100 per cent American but you'll do things the Texan way. We're independent. We've got our own way of doing things. Try to build fences round us and we'll run you out of town. I can go anywhere in the world but my spirit is still Texan and I recognize my own kind. There are no secret handshakes but when Texans meet there's a special fraternity."

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched an interesting war film called Lebanon this evening:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_(2009_film)

Lebanon (2009) - IMDb

This movie was very different in that the entire film is viewed from within a combat tank as it rambles down the road in a war zone. The main actors are all inside the tank and all shots to the outside battleground are as seen from the crosshairs of the gun-sight in the tank. If you have a good sound system on your home theater, you'll really appreciate the excellent audio track with the tank making it's various noises while maneuvering through the battle zone and firing at various targets. The video component of this movie is quite good as well.

Note that this movie only comes in the default Hebrew language, so you'll need to enable English subtitles unless your Hebrew skills are up to snuff.
    Last edited by oz; 08-15-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: typo
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Those of you that like 1950's hotrod and rock & roll flicks might enjoy Roadracers, the 2nd film made by Robert Rodriquez:

Roadracers (TV 1994) - IMDb

The music throughout the film is really good, the story is entertaining, and Salma Hayek looks fantastic, as usual.
    Last edited by oz; 08-18-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just wanted to add a fun-to-watch popcorn flick that I viewed last night called Kung Fu Hustle:

Kung Fu Hustle (2004) - IMDb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Hustle

This one is a martial arts comedy that is very much over the top, but fun and entertaining.

Highly recommended if you are a fan of such movies!
    oz

Page 40 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 50 ... LastLast