Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
I watched The Last Samurai for the first time ever last night: The Last Samurai (2003) - IMDb It didn't appeal to me all that much when I saw the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

I watched The Last Samurai for the first time ever last night:

The Last Samurai (2003) - IMDb

It didn't appeal to me all that much when I saw the trailers for it back in 2003, but this movie turned out to be much better than I ever expected it to be.

Highly recommended, and well worth any time spent watching it!
    oz

Coming soon I hope.

Case was one of the best console cowboys until he stole from one of his employers, who in turn damaged his nervous system so that he cannot access cyberspace anymore. He went to Chiba to have the damage repaired but lost all his money without being cured. Now he keeps himself alive with dealing and murder and is slowly destroying himself. Molly, a heavily modified razorgirl, is under contract by Armitage to find Case and force him to join his crew.

Armitage, whose real name is Colonel Corto, was severly injured in a mission during the war in Russia, needs a cyberspace cowboy for a top-secret operation. He has Case's brain damage repaired but also has a slowly dissolving poison installed in Case's body to force him to join. During their course of preparations for the run, they are supplied by the Finn, and they steal the personality ROM construct of McCoy Pauley a.k.a Dixie Flatline, Case's former teacher, from the Sense/Net archive. Molly and Case go to Istanbul to abduct Peter Riviera, a perverse psychopath who is able to create holograms with the force of his mind.

Armitage tells them to go to the orbital spa Freeside, which is owned by the Swiss clan Tessier-Ashpool SA. They travel with the tug 'Marcus Garvey' from Zion cluster which is piloted by Aerol and Maelcum, two Rastafarians. Meanwhile, Molly and Case have learned that Armitage is backed by the artificial intelligence Wintermute, which is also owned by Tessier-Ashpool. After Wintermute tries to contact them, they figure that Wintermute wants them to do the run on him to free him from certain limitations intended to prevent it from getting smarter. Case gets a delivery which the Dixie Flatline recognized as an Chinese military icebreaker.

After a night on drugs, Case is arrested by agents of the Turing Registry which is responsible to monitor the status of AI and destroy them if they get too smart. Wintermute kills these agents, and Case starts to launch the icebreaker. Meanwhile, Riviera has already gone to the Villa Straylight, the residence of the Tessier-Ashpools, by personal invitation of Lady 3Jane, one of the twenty clones of the children of John Ashpool and Marie-France Tessier. Molly is on her way to the Villa and is connected with Case via simstim. She kills the mad John Ashpool, but upon entering 3Jane's private cave she is severly hurt by Riviera.

After killing Armitage who got out of control, Wintermute tells Case and Maelcum that they need to go to 3Jane's chamber themselves to get the code word from her. Before they arrive, Case is sucked into an alternate reality in cyberspace by Neuromancer, Wintermute's twin in Rio, who tries to stop their mission. After escaping, they find Molly, 3Jane, Riviera, and Hideo. 3Jane has Riviera killed, and with her codeword they manage to drive the icebreaker program into the Tessier-Ashpool data cores. The result is the unification of Wintermute and Neuromancer. Together they become a being which constitutes the whole matrix.

After the run, Case has his blood changed to get rid of the toxin. Molly leaves him and never sees him again. The new entity of Wintermute and Neuromancer contacts Case and tells him about its new being. He also tells him that he located a being of the same kind on Alpha Centauri. Case returns to the Sprawl and stays there.
    Neuromancer (????)
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Just watched a really good drama called The Lives of Others:

The Lives of Others (2006) - IMDb

This one plays in the German language only, so you might have to enable subtitles.

Highly recommended!
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Last night, I watched a sci-fi movie called Battleship:

Battleship (2012) - IMDb

The movie probably isn't going to be winning any awards, but the audio and video were pretty spectacular for those of you that have good home theater systems to play it on. I'd personally recommend a rental rather a purchase.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Last night, I watched a sci-fi movie called Battleship:

Battleship (2012) - IMDb

The movie probably isn't going to be winning any awards, but the audio and video were pretty spectacular for those of you that have good home theater systems to play it on. I'd personally recommend a rental rather a purchase.
    My grandson and I went to see it in the theater this summer - not a great film, but lots of fun for the boys! Plenty of ass-kicking, blowing things up, hero getting the girl, and all that sort of stuff...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Expendables 2

imdb.com/title/tt1764651/

Just watched it last night in the cinema. I'd rate it 7.5/10.

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Snow White and the Huntsman earlier this evening:

Snow White and the Huntsman (2012) - IMDb

It was okay but not great, so I'd recommend a rental over a purchase unless you know for sure you'd want it in your collection.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I saw One Day On Earth a couple of nights ago.

One Day on Earth (2012) - IMDb

i enjoyed it very much

Watched Robin Hood again.
    I may have mentioned it previously... but it's still worth your time to watch this one.
    Well played, good action, slightly different look at the legend.

<EDIT>
    *addendum*

The cast was spot on... even for the minor rolls.
    Last edited by jayd512; 09-16-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: see EDIT
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched Predators again earlier this evening:

Predators (2010) - IMDb

It's not as good as the original Predator film with Arnold, but it's certainly worth at least a rental.
    oz

Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 54 ... LastLast