Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Just finished watching Unstoppable with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine: Unstoppable (2010) - IMDb It's a fun movie with plenty of suspense and heavy metal action, so to speak. I'd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Just finished watching Unstoppable with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine:

Unstoppable (2010) - IMDb

It's a fun movie with plenty of suspense and heavy metal action, so to speak. I'd recommend really cranking up the volume to get the full benefit of the trains and helicopters, and of course consuming a bit of popcorn and/or other snacks while you watch!
    MikeTbob likes this.
    oz

Just Joined!
    The most recent movie I seen was "The Odd Life of Timothy Greene".
    It wasn't that great of a movie, I thought it would be better.

A while back I watched "The Art of Getting By". I actually liked that move, and the main character (Freddy Highmore) is one of my favorate actors. So, I really liked that movie, thought the plot was very good.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Just finished watching Unstoppable with Denzel Washington and Chris Pine:

It's a fun movie with plenty of suspense and heavy metal action, so to speak. I'd recommend really cranking up the volume to get the full benefit of the trains and helicopters, and of course consuming a bit of popcorn and/or other snacks while you watch!
    Sounds awesome! I am going through racks of DVDs at a local DVD store for some interesting movies to watch and Unstoppable should be the first that I am getting after I gone through IMDB. Seeking for some action movies that would look good on a widescreen LED TV that I just bought here in Malaysia.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    I'm half way through Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale

Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale (2011) - IMDb

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrio...w:_Seediq_Bale

Note that there is a short version that's about 2.5 hours long, and there's a two-part International version that is about 4.5 hours long. I'm watching the longer version, hence my being only half way through it.

Anyway, it's a film about Japan taking control of Taiwan back in 1895 and their attempt to gain control of the indigenous head-hunting native warriors living in the mountainous areas of the island. This is a pretty good movie that I'd recommend to those of you that like such historical stories. If it bothers you to see repeated decapitations, don't watch this one.

Keep in mind that you'll need to enable English subtitles unless you are up to speed with your Chinese language skills.

Edit: okay, I've finished the other half of this now and still recommend it. The second half of the film is pretty much all battle scenes between the Japanese military (and some warriors that helped them) and the opposing warriors.

Below is a wikipedia link to the real life historical event in case anyone is interested in knowing more about it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushe_Incident
    Last edited by oz; 09-20-2012 at 03:16 AM.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching The Cabin in the Woods on blu-ray:

The Cabin in the Woods (2011) - IMDb

It's a pretty good flick for horror movie fans, but it comes with a different premise.
    oz

Just watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, it was a very good movie. I'd recommend a rental at least and it deserves every bit of the 6.8 rating on IMDB.
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011) - IMDb
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Just watched Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, it was a very good movie. I'd recommend a rental at least and it deserves every bit of the 6.8 rating on IMDB.
    Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011) - IMDb
    That was a great movie and I felt that it deserved a higher score than it received at the database. I purchased this one and am very happy to have it in my personal movie collection.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching the sci-fi film, Knowing, with Nicholas Cage:

Knowing (2009) - IMDb

I'm usually not a big fan of Cage, but he was very likable in this one, and the movie presents an interesting story with some very good special effects, especially at the end of the movie. If you're a fan of sci-fi flicks, this one is pretty good and worthy of at least a rental.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Just finished watching the sci-fi film, Knowing, with Nicholas Cage:

Knowing (2009) - IMDb

I'm usually not a big fan of Cage, but he was very likable in this one, and the movie presents an interesting story with some very good special effects, especially at the end of the movie. If you're a fan of sci-fi flicks, this one is pretty good and worthy of at least a rental.
    I really enjoyed Knowing. Good story and plot-line, a few twists and turns. And, yes, the effects were great!
    Even if you're not a big sci-fi fan, you might like this one.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy

Downfall

Just finished watching a terrific German movie called Downfall:

Downfall (2004) - IMDb

There was some great acting in this dramatic wartime story about Hitler's final days. It has garnered an 8.3 score at the database for a reason, so I highly recommend it to anyone that enjoys that kind of flick...
    oz

Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 55 ... LastLast