Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Watched Finding Nemo 3D over the weekend with my kids. Really enjoyed the quality time. Highly recommend it for those who have kids....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Watched Finding Nemo 3D over the weekend with my kids. Really enjoyed the quality time.

Highly recommend it for those who have kids.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not a big fan of animation films, but I watched Puss in Boots last night:

Puss in Boots (2011) - IMDb

It's a pretty good movie with some nice animation, and worthy of at least a rental I should say.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I'm not a big fan of animation films, but I watched Puss in Boots last night:

Puss in Boots (2011) - IMDb

It's a pretty good movie with some nice animation, and worthy of at least a rental I should say.
    We saw it in the theater - enjoyed it a lot. Banderas gets really silly doing the voice of PandB.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Although I've seen it many times before, I watched another older but quite popular movie again last night:

Full Metal Jacket (1987) - IMDb

The boot camp scenes still grab your attention in a really big way to this day, and R. Lee Ermey was totally amazing in his portrayal of the drill sergeant. While I do believe it's a very good movie, I'm not so sure that I'd give it a score as high as currently shown (8.4) on the imdb.com database, but I do think every serious movie collector should have this one in his or her own private collection.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching The Avengers and while it was a very good movie, it left me a bit disappointed, I suppose because of all the hype that has come out about it between the time it was showing in theaters and the official blu-ray release which happened today:

The Avengers (2012) - IMDb

Still, I think it deserves a place in every movie collector's private collection. The cast and story were good, and the special effects were very good, so I'm going to watch it again over the weekend to see what all I missed the first time around.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy

a note for blu-ray fans

This weekend, I finally got around to watching the Jurassic Park Trilogy that came out on blu-ray around the end of last year, and the video and audio on all discs are superb. Of course, most movie fans have seen these films already and know the movies themselves are very good.

Highly recommended blu-ray release...
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    This weekend, I finally got around to watching the Jurassic Park Trilogy that came out on blu-ray around the end of last year, and the video and audio on all discs are superb. Of course, most movie fans have seen these films already and know the movies themselves are very good.

Highly recommended blu-ray release...
    Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean that you should!
    Dang! The posting software doesn't consider a quote to count to the 10 char minimum...

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Just because you can do something, it doesn't mean that you should!
    lol... yeah, Jeff Goldblum was loaded with wisdom and good quotes about the situation at hand. Wonder if he opted out of the third movie, or simply wasn't offered a part?
    oz

lol... yeah, Jeff Goldblum was loaded with wisdom and good quotes about the situation at hand. Wonder if he opted out of the third movie, or simply wasn't offered a part?
    My guess is that either he wasn't available, or just bored with the part!

Trusted Penguin
    Just finished watching The Avengers and while it was a very good movie, it left me a bit disappointed, I suppose because of all the hype that has come out about it between the time it was showing in theaters and the official blu-ray release which happened today:

The Avengers (2012) - IMDb

Still, I think it deserves a place in every movie collector's private collection. The cast and story were good, and the special effects were very good, so I'm going to watch it again over the weekend to see what all I missed the first time around.
    I came away from that movie thinking it was fairly good. I got a bit tired of the one-liners. I was not crazy about CGI Hulk, but ironically, he had some of the best scenes. What I really liked was the actor who portrayed him in non-Hulk mode: I thought he did a great job. I also liked Cpt. America, it made me kinda want to watch his movie.

On the whole though, when you have a super hero team, the tension and storyline is never quite as dramatic as when you have just one main character to follow. It is more of just a showcase of talent - still, good eye candy.

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 56 ... LastLast