Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
I'm often not a fan of many modern comedies, but Bridesmaids turned out to be really funny and well done: Bridesmaids (2011) - IMDb It's probably more of a chick-flick ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

I'm often not a fan of many modern comedies, but Bridesmaids turned out to be really funny and well done:

Bridesmaids (2011) - IMDb

It's probably more of a chick-flick than it is a movie for guys, but it was entertaining and fun nonetheless, so any wives or girlfriends might like it.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I went to the Staten Island Mall today hoping to buy some floppy disks but no one bothers to sell them anymore.
    that reminds me of a funny story: back in the 90s, whenever a friend of mine need more floppies, he would sign up for AOL and then waited patiently for them in the mail.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    It's probably more of a chick-flick than it is a movie for guys, but it was entertaining and fun nonetheless, so any wives or girlfriends might like it.
    oh, i disagree! this was one of my favorite comedies of the year! it only got "touchy-feely/romantic comedy-ish" for a few sparing moments.

either that, or I guess I really like chick-flicks...

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    oh, i disagree! this was one of my favorite comedies of the year! it only got "touchy-feely/romantic comedy-ish" for a few sparing moments.

either that, or I guess I really like chick-flicks...

LOL, no, it was funny as heck. Kristen Wiig is really funny in Paul also.
    Paul (2011) - IMDb
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    LOL, no, it was funny as heck. Kristen Wiig is really funny in Paul also.
    Paul (2011) - IMDb
    She's been great in everything I've ever seen her in, including all her Saturday Night Live skits. When she first appeared in SNL, I figured it wouldn't be long before she'd be doing some really funny movies.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched a fun martial arts fantasy last night with Jackie Chan and Jet Li called The Forbidden Kingdom:

The Forbidden Kingdom (2008) - IMDb

Chan and Li worked quite well together and the movie has some good martial arts choreography. Yifei Liu and Bingbing Li added quite a lot to this film as well. This one is good for the entire family.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    yes, that movie was quite good. i was pumped about seeing those two together and was not disappointed. it was kind of like watching Po (when he got really good, but was still Jack Black funny) and Master Shifu together.

on a related JC note, I watched part of Project A 2 (1987) the other day. Typically 80s Chan, but my favorite scene was when he was trapped in some sort of concrete well w/this giant pulverizer threatening to mash him to bits. It would come down and he'd dodge to one side, then it would go back up for a couple of seconds, giving him enough time to catch his breath and do that Jackie Chan grimace. Only then comes this evil-doer w/a gas can full of of Canola Oil or something and starts splashing it down the sides of Jackie's hole. Well, dummy with the oil is wearing a dorky tie, and when he's not paying attention, the next time the pulverizer goes up, Jackie grabs his tie, pulls himself up and out, and dummy down and in. Then down comes the pulverizer, making Kung Pao bad-guy. Classic Jackie!

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I watched a fun martial arts fantasy last night with Jackie Chan and Jet Li called The Forbidden Kingdom:

The Forbidden Kingdom (200 - IMDb

Chan and Li worked quite well together and the movie has some good martial arts choreography. Yifei Liu and Bingbing Li added quite a lot to this film as well. This one is good for the entire family.
    I really enjoyed that film when I caught it on TV. I love the fact that both Chan and Li play a dual role in this one.
    It was a really fun movie.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

You guys might like The Man with the Iron Fists then coming out Nov 2.

My boy gave me the Prometheus Movie when I visted him. I can't wait till the girl with the android pilots the alien
    ship to see why (spoiler alert) in the next sequel or if the alien born is as smart as the engineers in another sequel. This movie has sequels set up all over the place.
    It wa killer in my book. I like it.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    My boy gave me the Prometheus Movie when I visted him. I can't wait till the girl with the android pilots the alien ship to see why (spoiler alert) in the next sequel or if the alien born is as smart as the engineers in another sequel. This movie has sequels set up all over the place. It wa killer in my book. I like it.
    Yeah, I've watched Prometheus four times now and like even better with each viewing. Alien topped it with originality and initial shock value, but Prometheus is a great movie nonetheless. Prometheus 2 is reportedly in the works, but with no release date as of yet.
    oz

Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 ... LastLast