Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi Yes,OZ I was planning to watch this movie along with October Sky (1999) - IMDb Definitely a great drama that's well worth watching!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Yes,OZ I was planning to watch this movie along with October Sky (1999) - IMDb
    Definitely a great drama that's well worth watching!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I'd really like to see that one but I'm afraid it would be too sad for me, as I have a very close attachment to my own canine.
    OOps!! I mailed that movie to a LF member as a holiday present without ever seeing it. I hope it does not upset them!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I also liked Brad Pitt in Troy and 12 Monkeys!! I was just wondering has Brad Pitt and Gary Oldman ever appeared in the same movie??
    I didn't remember any, but IMDB to the rescue...True Romance. I loved that movie. The exchange b/t Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken was quite memorable. Cripes, who wasn't in that flick?

Earlier this year I found gofobo and you can get early screening tickets. You can see what movies are screening in your area and get tickets for free. I have seen some movies a month or two early. I try to check every day because its always changing. I gave my kid and his mom tickets to see that rise of the gaurdians way before it came out. some movies like Red Dawn were so popular that when we went to the theater the tickets were gone. They said we can get our seat tickets like 4 hours early so thats what I will do next time. Im not sure if this is a good place for this post or not.

note: when I do a search I do 50 miles. I know something is messed up because when I do 20 miles it wont pick out the theater that is right down the stree but will pick out ones downtown (im not down town).

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm in the process of re-watching all the Star Wars movies, and for last night it was the original Star Wars film from 1977:

Star Wars (1977) - IMDb

While it's still a good movie, it is definitely showing some signs of its age when it comes to special effects.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Well Star Wars is 35 years old so I guess in the special effects industry it's nearly pre-historic. Despite that making me feel old, I still remember the sense of wonder when the Star Destroyer went overhead. Nothing like it had been seen before and <grumpy old man mode engaged> now-a-days we have better effects in commercials.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    now-a-days we have better effects in commercials.
    Very true... it's hard to believe that many of the spectacular special effects that we are using these days will also very likely look old and weak in another 20 to 40 years.
    oz

I'm in the process of re-watching all the Star Wars movies, and for last night it was the original Star Wars film from 1977...
    I did that awhile back. One of my buddies had never seen all of them in order, so I made a day of it.
    6+ hours of classic Star Wars... Good times!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Trusted Penguin
    I'm in the process of re-watching all the Star Wars movies, and for last night it was the original Star Wars film from 1977
    i'm jealous. just be sure to stop watching once you pass 1983. what? I'm just sayin'! okay, okay, Darth Maul was awesome, but that's about it for me.

While it's still a good movie, it is definitely showing some signs of its age when it comes to special effects.
    true, but i find i actually prefer rubber walrus-head masks and blue screen to CGI. for me, Star Wars in 1977 was the peak in movie-dom (and I'd take it now over every current Sci-Fi flick out there).

Trusted Penguin
    it's hard to believe that many of the spectacular special effects that we are using these days will also very likely look old and weak in another 20 to 40 years.
    if you're including 3D, then please leave me in the cinematic stone ages. I am a thoroughly two dimensional movie goer.

Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9 49 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast