Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Originally Posted by jayd512 One of my buddies had never seen all of them in order, so I made a day of it. i've seriously been contemplating doing that w/the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Trusted Penguin

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    One of my buddies had never seen all of them in order, so I made a day of it.
    i've seriously been contemplating doing that w/the Monty Python movies (including Yellowbeard, obviously)

oz
    forum.guy

re: Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    i'm jealous. just be sure to stop watching once you pass 1983. what?
    I watched The Empire Strikes Back this evening:

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - IMDb

It was the best of all the Star Wars films in my personal opinion.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Oh, and one character that degraded the later Star Wars movies for me was that of "jar jar binks":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks

I'd install a jar-jar blocker on my video player if there was some easy way to do so!
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Oh, and one character that degraded the later Star Wars movies for me was that of "jar jar binks":

I'd install a jar-jar blocker on my video player if there was some easy way to do so!
    LOL this is not uncommon at all, I know a lot of people disliked Jar Jar....but I don't get it. I thought Jar Jars voice itself was annoying as hell but not enough to dislike the whole character.
    What is it about Jar Jar that grinds your gears, Oz? His role in the film itself? His voice or perhaps his stupid "me-sa so sorry-a" (me so sorry) dialect? His looks? Too many lines and camera time? He just takes up too much space as a living being? ;) Just curious. Anyone else who disliked him, please, feel free to toss your .02 cents in here.

I love the 1-2-3 episodes that I grew up watching in my youth. I remember seeing them in the theaters in 1977, I was 11 years old. I admit I have not seen them lately nor do we have them all on hand in our collection, which should be a geek crime of some sort. :twisted: On the other hand I loved each of the newest releases 4-5-6-7 not so much as the previous chapters but rather in a whole new way.
    For above reference, from WIKI:
    Star Wars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1) IV: A New Hope (1977)
    2) V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
    3) VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
    4) I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
    5) II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
    6) III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    7) The Clone Wars (2008)

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ahmed Best as the voice of Jar Jar Binks: A clumsy Gungan, exiled from his home but taken in by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. He accompanies them throughout the film. Best was hired after Gurland saw him on a Stomp performance in San Francisco, and originally was just going to provide motion capturing, but after offering to also voice the character, was accepted. He wandered in the set in a foam-and-latex suit and headpiece to provide reference for the actors, with his filmed performance later replaced by the computer-generated character. Best frequently improvised movements to make Jar Jar as clumsy and comedic as possible.
    It certainly couldn't have been easy to play that part. HAHA. I'm not trying to call anyone out/trolling, just trying to figure out the lack of love given to Jar Jar Binks.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    It certainly couldn't have been easy to play that part. HAHA. I'm not trying to call anyone out/trolling, just trying to figure out the lack of love given to Jar Jar Binks.
    It's probably because he's the most annoying, grating and failed attempt at comic relief in the entire history of cinema. By the way, I'm not a fan
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    What is it about Jar Jar that grinds your gears, Oz? His role in the film itself? His voice or perhaps his stupid "me-sa so sorry-a" (me so sorry) dialect? His looks? Too many lines and camera time? He just takes up too much space as a living being? Just curious. Anyone else who disliked him, please, feel free to toss your .02 cents in here.
    Yeah, pretty much all of that. The entire character seemed out of place in the movies and none of his lines were funny from my perspective. Overall, I'm unable to think of anything that I did like about his role in Star Wars, so I'd have to agree with elija's comments:

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    It's probably because he's the most annoying, grating and failed attempt at comic relief in the entire history of cinema. By the way, I'm not a fan
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I watched a Woody Harrelson movie last night called Rampart:

Rampart (2011) - IMDb

It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining, and interesting. Woody always does make a pretty good 'bad guy', but I still like his character from his role in Cheers the best.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    It was the best of all the Star Wars films in my personal opinion.
    yes, you are quite correct, oz. it is the best movie of the franchise (the original ESB, that is - not the one w/Jabba and Boba Fett jammed in). i have spoken...

Trusted Penguin

You (and the rest of the free world) likely would have preferred Lucas to turn out something more along the lines of The Phantom Edit. Never seen it myself, but I like their philosophy.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    You (and the rest of the free world) likely would have preferred Lucas to turn out something more along the lines of The Phantom Edit. Never seen it myself, but I like their philosophy.
    Yeah, I like that, too!

Re: more Star Wars

For those that may not have already heard, Star Wars: episode VII is planned for 2015:

Disney buying Lucasfilm, will release new 'Star Wars' movie in 2015 - Business on NBCNews.com
    oz

Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 LastLast