Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62
Like Tree12Likes
The whole family watched The Hobbit last night and honestly I expected more. Maybe it was because of the very high standards LOTR has set. I hope the next film ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

The whole family watched The Hobbit last night and honestly I expected more. Maybe it was because of the very high standards LOTR has set. I hope the next film of these trilogy can start to raise the standards even more.

Just my humble observation...
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    The whole family watched The Hobbit last night and honestly I expected more.
    yeah, I quite agree with you...[sigh]. LOTR was just so good, that I went into this hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. it wound up somewhere in the middle, i think.

I hope the next film of these trilogy can start to raise the standards even more.
    i agree, and i kind of think it will. they've got a good shot anyway: they've got Mirkwood, Smaug, and the Battle of Five Armies to work with. And I remember seeing Legolas in a Hobbit marketing graphic somewhere (but I didn't research it or anything - not looking to intentionally spoil it for myself), so if they throw him in there, some of the old magic might be rekindled.

here's hoping anyway....

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    I quite agree with you...[sigh]. LOTR was just so good, that I went into this hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. it wound up somewhere in the middle, i think.
    My wife and I watched the LOTR films more than a dozen times each when they first came out, and probably half a dozen times each since that time. I remember commenting to her at that time, "wow... how would you ever top that?", so I'm not at all surprised that The Hobbit movies might fall short. On the other hand, the story itself wasn't as complex, intense, or thrilling as was LOTR, or at least it seemed that way for me after reading all the books.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    On the other hand, the story itself wasn't as complex, intense, or thrilling as was LOTR, or at least it seemed that way for me after reading all the books.
    precisely. The Hobbit was the perfect Middle Earth gateway drug for me, when I was in grade school. Being exposed to Zeppelin (Ramble On, Battle Of Evermore, etc.) around the same time did not hurt, either. and don't get me wrong, I still dutifully read The Hobbit every time my Tolkien books are calling. but yeah, it seemed like Jackson et al were bound and determined to make mountains out of mole hills at every turn, to make up for an otherwise lackluster (by Hollywood standards) scene in the text.

oz
    forum.guy
    Just finished watching a very good dramatic film called A Separation:

A Separation (2011) - IMDb

The situation that develops due to the couple's separation becomes quite interesting and makes this film very much worth checking out.
    oz

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62