Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Have you seen any movies recently that you would recommend to others? Note that the 2011 movies thread has been locked and can be found here: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...ly-2011-a.html...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Seen any good movies lately? (2012)

Have you seen any movies recently that you would recommend to others?

Note that the 2011 movies thread has been locked and can be found here:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...ly-2011-a.html
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Haven't seen it yet, but I'm quite anxious to see the new version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - IMDb

I've already seen the three related Swedish made movies and liked all of them, especially the first of the three:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009) - IMDb

The Girl Who Played with Fire (2009) - IMDb

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009) - IMDb
    oz

Extraordinary Measures

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Very Wierd Movie.

I had a $10.00 Best Buy gift certificate so I used it to buy " The American " starring George Clooney. Lots of brief shootings and plenty of bare women but the weirdest story line I've seen in quite a while.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    " The American " starring George Clooney.
    Thanks... I'm not familiar with that one, but might check it out.

My favorite Clooney movies are O Brother, Where Art Thou?, and Up in the Air. I'm also looking forward to seeing his newer movie, The Descendants.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    Yes, O Brother is classic! maybe b/c the original it is loosely based on (Homer's Odyssey) is a classic in the truest sense, but the Coen brothers are yarn-spinning wizards. Great casting and music - I'm definitely a Soggy Bottom Boys fan.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Yes, O Brother is classic! maybe b/c the original it is loosely based on (Homer's Odyssey) is a classic in the truest sense, but the Coen brothers are yarn-spinning wizards. Great casting and music - I'm definitely a Soggy Bottom Boys fan.
    And the music in "O Brother" was great old-time stuff! My wife is seriously into that, and knows just about everybody in the old-time traditional music community, not to mention that she is a very good semi-professional rhythm guitar player and dance caller herself.

Well, it's not a movie, but the BBC has just finished a second series of Sherlock, a 21st Century version of Sherlock Holmes that is really well done - what SH would have been like today, with cell phones, laptops, blogs, and such. I've been able to download them from the Usenet. I don't think they have been broadcast in the US as yet, but I'm not 100% sure of that. So far, there was a pilot, and two 3 episode series. They will be broadcasting another (3rd) series next year. The last episode broadcast (this past week) was Holmes and Moriarty doing their thing at Reichenbach Falls. So, if you like Conan-Doyle and Sherlock Holmes in general, do check this series out!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    It's a TV show rather than a movie but I agree that the BBCs Sherlock is a true classic and brilliantly cast. The "Hounds of Baskerville" episode was genuinely spooky in places. It's both good and annoying that there are only three episodes in a series as it leaves you wanting more

Do we need a separate thread for good TV

In case the answer is no I love the NCIS program when they hack or get hacked. There is a wonderful combination of proper geek speak (protocols, ports etc) and really, really fast random typing. And they use this OS
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    It's a TV show rather than a movie but I agree that the BBCs Sherlock is a true classic and brilliantly cast. The "Hounds of Baskerville" episode was genuinely spooky in places. It's both good and annoying that there are only three episodes in a series as it leaves you wanting more
    Okay, you guys have piqued my interest on BBC/SH, I'm going to try and check it out. The Hollywood version from a few years ago (where SH is an amalgam of Rambo and Neo) was not quite what I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by elija
    And they use this OS
    I love the idea of Movie OS, somebody needs to get cracking on that distro.

Even though it would be useless.

But pretty.

oz
    forum.guy
    Just watched The Professional (aka Léon) again:

Leon: The Professional (1994) - IMDb

Seen it many times before, but it's always a great movie!
    oz

Page 1 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast