Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I want to ask which book is best for learning Linux Kernel? I am confused between two books i.e Understanding Linux Kernel by Daniel P. Bovet and Linux Kernel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Books on Linux Kernel

Hi,

I want to ask which book is best for learning Linux Kernel? I am confused between two books i.e Understanding Linux Kernel by Daniel P. Bovet and Linux Kernel Development by Robert Love. which book will give me deeper understanding of Linux Kernel? I want to learn source code of Linux kernel.

oz
    forum.guy
    Note that the latest version of Love's book (third edition) came out in July 2010, whereas Bovet's book (also third edition) came out in November 2005, and a lot has happened with Linux kernels since 2005. Still, I'd recommend both of them if you are serious about learning the inner workings for the Linux kernel. I noticed too that both are available in a Kindle edition at Amazon if you want to save some money.
    oz

Just Joined!
    I want to ask which book will give me understanding of Linux kernel Source Code....in short I want to understand Linux Source Code so that I can contribute to kernel project, I want to really understand How our OS work on which we always work....