Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes
Originally Posted by MASONTX Not that Monty Python and Bennie Hill weren't funny, but they are usually not listed as examples of great culture and refinement. More for the average ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    Not that Monty Python and Bennie Hill weren't funny, but they are usually not listed as examples of great culture and refinement. More for the average person than the symphony and opera crowd, although there are doubtless many who enjoy both types.
    I'm sorry, but I resemble that remark! Actually, I'm both types. I love crude as well as refined. FWIW, I have performed as a violinist and singer at the Royal Festival Hall in London... If that doesn't secure my bonafides as symphony/opera crowd, I don't know what does! However, I did have the honor of teaching the great violinist Isaac Stern how to dance the Twist! I guess you can say that I am "twisted"...

FWIW, my sister was a protege of Stern's, and spent 20+ years as principal violist with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in London. Even so, she had to work a day job at BT to keep her kids in clothes and school! She is also a great fan of BH!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Speaking of my sister, she just sent me this link... Robin Williams - An Evening At The Met - YouTube
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Ain't nobody got time for that. Funny as hell but a little dated. (7 months)
    oh, i made time fo dat! you are now responsible for me spamming my entire contact list with that gem, Mike.

and i agree w/the commenter who said it was way better than the Gangam style or whatever that crap was called.

Trusted Penguin
    that was awesome. you know, i think i'd rather take Darth Vader as my drill instructor than Gunnery Sergeant Hartman as my milk man.

I hope you will able to watch this even without FB account-

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152368781285424
    rokytnji likes this.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

For this Christmas my wife hinted she wanted something shiny that goes from 0 to 150 in about 3 seconds.
    So, I bought her a bathroom scale.

Then later. I was flipping through the TV channels.
    She asked me, "Whats on TV?"
    I said, "Dust".

My mother in law is a little tweaked at me also.
    Back a few Christmas's ago I bought her a cemetery plot.
    Then the next year I did not get her anything.
    When she asked me why.
    I said, "Well, you did not use what I bought you for Christmas last year!"

The doctors told me the twitching, jerking away in fear, and limp will go away in time.

abr0811l.jpg
    MikeTbob likes this.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Two 90-year-old men, Moe and Joe, have been friends all of their lives. When it's clear that Joe is dying, Moe visits him everyday. One day, Moe says, "Joe, we both loved baseball all our lives and we played minor league ball together for so many years. Please do me one favor. When you get to Heaven, somehow, you must let me know if there's baseball there."
    Joe looks up at Moe from his death bed," Moe, you've been my best friend for many years. If it's at all possible, I'll do this favor for you."
    Shortly after that, Joe passes on.

At midnight, a couple of nights later, Moe is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him," Moe. Moe."
    "Who is it"? asks Moe, sitting up suddenly. "Who is it"?
    "Moe, it's me, Joe."
    "You're not Joe. Joe just died."
    "I'm telling you, it's me, Joe," insists the voice."
    "Joe! Where are you"?
    "In Heaven," replies Joe. "I have some really good news and a little bad news."

"Tell me the good news first," says Moe.
    "The good news," Joe says "is that there's baseball in Heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always Spring time and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play baseball all we want and we never get tired."
    "That's fantastic," says Moe. "It's beyond my wildest dreams! So, what's the bad news"?
    "You're pitching Tuesday."
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Good ones, Rok!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Roky strikes again! Thanks!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Then later. I was flipping through the TV channels.
    She asked me, "Whats on TV?"
    I said, "Dust".
    I like that enough to try it on the wife if I didn't fear a good old back hand slap.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast