Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Originally Posted by mayor89 iv been lurking for a while ! how do i post a question on here, my linux is giving me jip and i need sum advice ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by mayor89 View Post
    iv been lurking for a while ! how do i post a question on here, my linux is giving me jip and i need sum advice from all the cleaver techys here
    Find the most appropriate forum - there are ones for many specific distributions such as Red Hat, Ubuntu, Gentoo, etc, as well as forums for specific topics like applications, server, kernel, and such. Then, just click on the "Post New Thread" button.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    If I'm registered but didn't reply to this thread would I be considered a lurker too?

Quote Originally Posted by Willynux View Post
    If I'm registered but didn't reply to this thread would I be considered a lurker too?
    LOL no, you're a full fledged member witha low post count. Lurkers do not post for whatever reason....they are content to just lurk around like a peeping tom.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 02-18-2012 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Typo
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    LOL no, you're a full fledged member witha low post count. Lunkers do not post for whatever reason....they are content to just lurk around like a peeping tom.
    Took the words out of my mount Mike! Lurkers watch/read. Members also post at least once in awhile! Anyway Willynux, you have posted 14 times to the regular forums (postings to the Coffee Lounge don't count), so you are not a "lurker" in my book either.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Took the words out of my mount Mike! Lurkers watch/read. Members also post at least once in awhile! Anyway Willynux, you have posted 14 times to the regular forums (postings to the Coffee Lounge don't count), so you are not a "lurker" in my book either.
    So in other words if you post just in the coffee lounge. Your a coffee connoisseur! :P

A good three categories of people on this forum:
    Lurkers (Watch/read but never register and/or post)
    Fully-fledged members (Post in most areas, including the coffee lounge)
    Coffee connoisseur! (Post just in the coffee lounge)

Just Joined!
    Hi everybody! Hereīs martinfbalda from Argentina. Just joined and ready to go! Haha..I didnīt know were to introduce myself so I do it right here .Sorry if itīs not the place for that.
    Willynux likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by martinfbalda View Post
    Hi everybody! Hereīs martinfbalda from Argentina. Just joined and ready to go! Haha..I didnīt know were to introduce myself so I do it right here .Sorry if itīs not the place for that.
    Hello and Welcome. This is a fine place to introduce yourself. It tricks us into thinking this thread got you to sign up with us!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    I just joined but already ive noticed if i post something theres like 1member and 10guests looking at it. Really, just join it takes two minuts and then you can not only look but post too!

Quote Originally Posted by JLloyd137 View Post
    I just joined but already ive noticed if i post something theres like 1member and 10guests looking at it. Really, just join it takes two minuts and then you can not only look but post too!
    Glad you could join us, Welcome to Linux forums.

I can't say it any other way...
    If you want a 'Forum' about 'Linux' ... add the two together.
    LinuxForums, baby!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast