Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Aw shucks. Just shy. Maybe invisibility has not been invented....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Aw shucks. Just shy. Maybe invisibility has not been invented.

Okay, I heard you! I have been "lurking" for weeks, as I always do before finally joining any internet forum. I hope I can contribute someday, but I'm a kinda-sorta newbie, having "inherited" an eight-year-old computer with Xubuntu 10.04 on it. The former owner gave me some "Linux lessons" but I had other things to do, lol. Now that I've inherited this Xubuntu thing, I'm exploring!

During my "Linux lessons" I shared my friend's exploration of Linux Mint, Crunchbang Linux, PCLinuxOS, SimplyMepis, Debian, Ubuntu, and finally Xubuntu, which "feels like home" and installed easily and offers trouble-free simplicity and ease. But like any appliance, it needs some maintenance and adjustment for both my changing needs and those created by updates and such. That's why I'm here.

Nice to meet you all!

Just Joined!
    hey everyone, I'm not sure if dropping by every once in a while to get answers about tarballs, RAD and alternatives to visual studio for my college stuff counts as lurking, but anyways, yo.

and yeah, I "inherited" an old laptop with a malfunctioning installation of windows (bsod every fifteen minutes) on it, and since no one's going to bother what I'll do with it, I stuck an ubuntu live usb in it, and I've been living with this for about a year, until (I'm not sure where I messed up) I somehow managed to botch an upgrade to precise pangolin, and now I'm making myself comfortable with Fedora 16. I should get a print of that book on bash scripting someday.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Welcome to the Forums, we're glad you joined and we hope you like using Linux.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Its like my aunt and her fifth husband, stays away from the family and only comes around looking for free hand outs. I'm glad I joined, I have learned a lot, met some really nice people and even tried helping others.

Just Joined!
    Hello everyone!! i just opened an account. I often found myself reading threads on this site when i have linux related problems so i thought it useful to be able to get help on my specific problems!

Just Joined!
    I have found many solutions to past problems on this forum and interesting facts and tricks about linux!

Hello and Welcome, we're very glad to have you join us.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Glad to have you join us. Pull up a chair and set a spell.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Welcome aboard, gurbos!
    Take a look around... have some fun!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast