Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
We can see you, we know you nice folks are here viewing our fine forums from the attic so to speak, I would like to take the time to ask ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

To all the Lurkers/Non members/Guests

We can see you, we know you nice folks are here viewing our fine forums from the attic so to speak, I would like to take the time to ask you all to go ahead, climb down from the attic and sign up for an account with us. It's free, it's easy and it also comes with benefits like meeting new, exciting and smart people.
    dkhill likes this.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    I totally agree... it's much easier to sign up than it is to keep on lurking while continually thinking about signing up.

Mike, if you don't mind, I'm going to sticky this for a while. Don't hesitate to unstick it if you do mind.
    oz

Sticky away, partner!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    " Lurkers " ?? That's Funny!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Yea, that's what most Internet forum sites call those users who come on to the website/forums and sometimes very often, but for some reason they refuse to sign up. They're just lurking around and learning. I'm just trying to encourage them to be a little more social like us.

Trusted Penguin
    It is funny you put it that way, MikeTbob. It is because I have joined this forum (and have computers, in general), that I am not more social - in the way that my wife defines it, that is. Another lesson in context...

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    It is funny you put it that way, MikeTbob. It is because I have joined this forum (and have computers, in general), that I am not more social - in the way that my wife defines it, that is. Another lesson in context...
    Ahhh, yes...I don't think our wives will ever approve of our "Social" habits even if we hang out with St Peter all day!
    I feel most of the heavy Internet users are probably not into the whole "social" scene anyways. I like to think we can offer them a different kind of place to hang out with like minded people. I know I could spend days on the computer if I didn't have family, job, bills to pay, etc.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, computers are my work life, and my wife's! Yet we find the time for other pursuits such as music, dance, travel, etc. If St. Peter doesn't play an instrument or dance, he can bugger off!

FWIW, tomorrow evening we have a contra/square dance at Fermi Lab (6:30pm to 9:30pm). If any of you are anywhere near Chicago, stop on by and have a great time! Fermi Lab is 40 miles west of the Chicago Loop, just south of I-88 on Farnsworth/Kirk Road. Take I-88 west to the Farnsworth Exit in Aurora and then go north 5 traffic lights and turn right into the Fermi Lab entrance. You will need a picture ID (driver's license) to get onto the lab grounds - just let the guard know you are going to the dance. Drive straight through the lab, past 3 stop signs and turn left at the 4th. The dance is in the big barn on the right.

Cost is $6 for adults, and $3 for kids or seniors. We do like to pay the musicians!
    ivotkl likes this.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Trusted Penguin
    yeah, that is important, r-man. I myself like to keep off technology when not @work, or helping family/friends. I guess I'm a bit of an anomaly b/c I am the least "connected" and gadgety person in my family (no smartphones, tablets, facebook, etc.), yet I am the "fixer", when it comes to computer probs.

music is one of my big outlets, too. can't live w/out it. i'm nowhere near Chicago, but I bet my wife would *love* a real live L7 dance.

Just Joined!
    iv been lurking for a while ! how do i post a question on here, my linux is giving me jip and i need sum advice from all the cleaver techys here

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast