Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
I went without a phone for a little over a year, just got a new one a few months back, so that wouldn't be an issue. I like playing with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I went without a phone for a little over a year, just got a new one a few months back, so that wouldn't be an issue. I like playing with computers but I could live without them....I couldn't live without books and people to debate with, both of which I'm passionate about. Also, a wide and far reaching (global) food availability. I live in San Diego, and honestly, other than a couple other places that might (might) equal our food choices, I can get anything from Ethiopian to Mexican to American to Italian, all within a few miles of each other. Oh yeah, also couldn't (or couldn't for long) leave the sun of Southern California
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    eye cud knot leave whiff aught ai spill chicker
    The sad part... I had no trouble reading exactly what you mean!

What could I not do without..?
    My wife. A couch for of us. And, for sleeping, a pillow.
    Oh yeah... I'm one of those that is always cold. So I need fire.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    What couldn't you live without?
    When it comes right down to it, there are plenty of modern conveniences that I could live without if forced to do so, but I don't think living during the stone age would be much fun at all. Life would have been extremely hard, risky, and short-lived for the majority of folks. Of course, since that's all they ever knew, it probably seemed very normal for them at the time.

In the end, humans of today could probably make do without lots of things that they think are "must haves", but doing so would undoubtedly come at a cost, perhaps in years off their lives in many cases.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Couldn't live without - clothes in cold weather (optional the rest of the time), good whisky/tequila/mescal, family, friends, my mandolin. Oh, and food - vegetarian, please!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2