Find the answer to your Linux question:
I Havenít used Mint since version 11, and I donít mean confusion in a bad way. I guess what I am saying is, with so many DEís for Linux Mint ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is Mint in a state of confusion?

I Havenít used Mint since version 11, and I donít mean confusion in a bad way. I guess what I am saying is, with so many DEís for Linux Mint 12, MATRE, Gnome 3, Cinnamon, extensions, ect.. Do you think Mint will settle with just one desktop? And Is now a good time to come back to Mint or should I wait until things get settled down?

I'm hoping they don't reduce the choice to one personally I prefer the Debian Edition of Mint but choice is good

Now is a good time to come back to Mint.

As far as DE are concerned (this is the coffee lounge)

I've said this before in the past and will repeat myself. I consider distros and DE environments like I look at girls in going into a topless bar. Some are Big and Blonde. Some are Small and Black haired. All are women.

Choice is good.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    I don't run Mint, but see no reason for them to adopt only one desktop environment. On the other hand, it wouldn't be so good if they crammed them all into a single iso file release, either. Giving users a choice is the best plan overall, and they seem to be doing a pretty good job of that.
    oz