Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
So, this command will reset the desktop to default, everything will be just like you downloaded and re-installed. The only problem is,, you have Gnome and KDE. I'm not sure ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

So, this command will reset the desktop to default, everything will be just like you downloaded and re-installed. The only problem is,, you have Gnome and KDE. I'm not sure which one you use.
    Code:
    mv .gnome2 .gnome2.old
    Code:
    mv .kde .kde.old
    Close your Desktop and logout, next time you log in, you will have a default desktop.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by mayor89 View Post
    I dont know how but i changed my desktop on linux from the default one which i loved to one that looks like a crap version of windows! how do i get my old one back! (also you will have to give me idiot proof instructions im new to linux and not very good with computers in general)

also wen i click the start button it use to do a a funky thing where it shrinks all my screens it no longer does that thanx !
    Hello and welcome!

In addition to the recommendations made by the others, consider creating system images or some other type of backup so that when things go awry, you can restore your system from the image or backup file. When you want to learn about Linux, fixing breakages is fun and very informative, but if you should need your machine working again quickly, some form of backup in place is highly desirable.

Let us know how it goes.
    oz

Just Joined!
    thanks guys working now... sorry i didnt come back to you sooner ! could one of you loverly people advise me on a new distro i got fedora 16 ubuntu not sure what it means im sure you do but im boed now of it..... i will need a step by step guide on ho to actually find it and intall it to if its not to much trouble..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2