Find the answer to your Linux question:
Yes, yet another distro to try for me. I am looking for a very fast and small OS for my windows starter replacement for my Eee PC Net-book. From my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Puppy Linux

Yes, yet another distro to try for me. I am looking for a very fast and small OS for my windows starter replacement for my Eee PC Net-book. From my research Puppy seems the best fit. I would like to have this on my flash drive and not on my hard drive because I just dont want to partition ect.. Anyways does anyone know the process for installing Puppy on a flash drive and how to get it on my net-book?

Download Macpup 528. It works out of the box on my 900 and 701 on external sd flash. Or use whichever you want (Puppy).

Load onto flash with Unetbootin. Run grub4dos after starting up (boot into desktop) and load grub4dos to replace syslinux bootloader in unetbootin (better boot options with grub4dos, like run puppy pfix=ram which runs puppy in ram mode),

Create a personal save file when asked at shutdown (I make mine at 512 MB for starters. You can make it larger via "Utility>Resize personal storage file" later on if you wish.

Boom, done with Puppy frugal install to flash drive with persistence.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1...21/LuxeMP2.jpg
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home