Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I got my net-book to boot from the USB drive and it launches puppy from the drive. I then made sure at my first shutdown to save my stuff ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Puppy Linux Question(Am I done?)

So I got my net-book to boot from the USB drive and it launches puppy from the drive. I then made sure at my first shutdown to save my stuff so that they are there next time I run it. Does this mean I am done. Is my USB "boot-able"? Or do I still need to go to "setup" in puppy and click on "BootFlash Install puppy to USB"? What I mean is, Is Puppy installed on my USB? or is it running from the ISO each time I start up my net-book? I only ask this because I notice that when I start my net-book puppy takes more time than windows did to start up. Once puppy is running it works just fine. I just want to make sure that I am not missing a critical step in the install.

You could probably find out easiest by making some setting changes, closing down then rebooting to see if the settings changes have persisted.

If they're not, you can always use tools like the Fedora USB creator to make a bootable USB drive from your fave distro's ISO image, and add an overlay (i.e. a live filesystem) onto the USB too.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/