Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey, everyone I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for being a part of these forums. LinuxForums.org has been online for almost 12 years now, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Special "Thanks"

Hey, everyone

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for being a part of these forums.

LinuxForums.org has been online for almost 12 years now, and we owe it all to our membership, for it all of you that make us what we are today. An extra helping of thanks is deserved by those of you that spend large amounts of your spare time here by helping other members get past any Linux issues they might be experiencing, so thank you very much for that.

Again, thanks to all of you for your time and participation on these forums!
    oz

That's very sweet of you, Oz. But I'm sure most of the regulars here will want to thank you too for all the hard work you put in moderating these forums and keeping the atmosphere as good-humoured as it is. I consider this to be one of the most civilised forum sites on the web.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

Hazel has it right. I come back to this site because it is civilized, no one trying to prove I'm smarter than you are, no flame wars, and a friendly atmosphere. Keep it up.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I also like how folks will show us our sh!t when we step in it! No matter how smart and/or experienced we are, there are times when we just miss the ball, and need to be brought down a notch or two - there is NO WAY to know it all! To all of my friends and fellow contributors here I say "thanks". I have learned a lot here, and hopefully I have been able to give some benefit back.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    That's very sweet of you, Oz. But I'm sure most of the regulars here will want to thank you too for all the hard work you put in moderating these forums and keeping the atmosphere as good-humoured as it is. I consider this to be one of the most civilised forum sites on the web.
    I haven't been around for very long, but from what I've seen (okay, read), I'd have to agree with you on both counts, hazel. Thanks go to the great and powerful Oz! and so far as I can tell, this is the only civilized forum...

Yeah, what they said!
    I agree with Ozar though, our members are what make this community what it is. So that means you guys are AWESOME!

Thanks everyone.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I been hangin' out on these boards for almost 4 years. And the main reason is the friendly vibe that comes from the people and the atmosphere.
    Put it this way... there's a reason why this is the only forums that I actually sign in to!

...wait a minute. 4 years? Already???
    Wow. Time flies in a fun place!
    Last edited by jayd512; 01-19-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    there's a reason why this is the only forums that I actually sign in to!
    ditto, jay. apart from my email, this is the only login i have on the whole freegin' internet that i can remember - b/c i use it.

Before I came ("back") here, my previous haunt was a forum related to the distribution I use. Flaming, trolling, etc is all too common there and I have become used to it (and probably to a lesser extent part of it). For me this place has taken some getting used to, but what it has got right in my opinion is a decent atmosphere without the fanboyism and oppressive moderation seen at some of the distro forums. (in fact I only realised yesterday that the "trusted penguins" were some kind of moderator/admin?)

Keep up the good work.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    The truly great things about LFo are the way everybody checks their egos at the door and has already been said, the lack of fanboyism. This makes for a friendly atmosphere all round and is to the kudos of everyone involved.

It also gives me great amusement when the above leads to the occasional troll failing to get the hoped for (or should that be needed) response to their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by troll
    Linux is rubbish! Windows is much better!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by us
    Whatever dude
    Paraphrased but priceless!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast