Find the answer to your Linux question:
I saw this web ad and thought it might generate a more comments than electricity. As they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Produce ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

If it's too good to be true....

I saw this web ad and thought it might generate a more comments than electricity. As they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Produce Free Electricity For Your Home and Appliances in Just 48 Hours With The "Howard Johnson Motor" (HoJo Motor) - The only "Free Energy Device" to have 3 U.S. Patents! | HoJo Motor
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    I saw this web ad and thought it might generate a more comments than electricity. As they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Produce Free Electricity For Your Home and Appliances in Just 48 Hours With The "Howard Johnson Motor" (HoJo Motor) - The only "Free Energy Device" to have 3 U.S. Patents! | HoJo Motor
    If it looks like crap and it smells like crap, then...

Perhaps someone with fifty dollars (US) for the book, a hundred dollars more for the parts and a couple of days to build one could try this out and report back on how badly it doesn't work? Also, perhaps someone with some understanding of the physics behind this could review the patents and see how plausible this really is.

The fact that it's a long video before they tell you that it's fifty dollars to download a pdf file (the contents of which are probably already available in the patent info) makes it look very dodgy.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    If it looks like crap and it smells like crap, then...

Perhaps someone with fifty dollars (US) for the book, a hundred dollars more for the parts and a couple of days to build one could try this out and report back on how badly it doesn't work? Also, perhaps someone with some understanding of the physics behind this could review the patents and see how plausible this really is.

The fact that it's a long video before they tell you that it's fifty dollars to download a pdf file (the contents of which are probably already available in the patent info) makes it look very dodgy.

But they have testimonials and everything!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

The Mythbusters tried to build such a thing and it didnt work. Maybe they build it wrong or didnt have Dr. Johnson's secret plans.

This kind of machines could work if there were no friction or air-resistance (drag). So thanks for participate and keep playing!.

I thought the US Patent Office didn't award patents on principle for perpetual motion machines.

Nah! If you want free energy, do what I did and get solar panels fitted.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Nah! If you want free energy, do what I did and get solar panels fitted.
    Or run an extension cable from your next door neighbour's lawnmower power socket in his back garden
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/