Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree2Likes
Originally Posted by oz I've been watching the 3 episode mini-series, Tin Man : Tin Man (TV mini-series 2007) - IMDb The first episode wasn't all that great, but the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    I've been watching the 3 episode mini-series, Tin Man:

Tin Man (TV mini-series 2007) - IMDb

The first episode wasn't all that great, but the second one was better, and I've not seen the third episode yet. This show is another take on Frank Baum's classic novel, "The Wizard of Oz". My current thought is that it deserves a score of about 7 out of 10.
    I really enjoyed this mini-series. I found it on the usenet and downloaded it to watch, eventually burning it to DVD so I could watch it with my wife. I thought it was a great contemporary rendering of the tale.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    I really enjoyed this mini-series. I found it on the usenet and downloaded it to watch, eventually burning it to DVD so I could watch it with my wife. I thought it was a great contemporary rendering of the tale.
    I'm always a fan of Zooey Deschanel (DG), but in my personal opinion Kathleen Robertson (Azkadellia) is stealing the show in this one.
    oz

Recorded this off of Sundance channel last night. It was the sickest Japensese movie I have recorded yet.

Watched it like sunday cartoons this morning along with American Horror story.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Anybody here following Fringe. I have been and it is pretty cool.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Someone gave me the complete first season of Game of Thrones for Christmas, so I watched the first two episodes last night, with eight more episodes to go:

Game of Thrones (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

It has a spectacular rating at the database and appears to be wildly popular among fans, but so far, I'm not finding it to be all that good or entertaining. Hopefully, the show will grow on me during the remaining episodes because I hate being unable to get into something that's supposed to be so great.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    It has a spectacular rating at the database and appears to be wildly popular among fans, but so far, I'm not finding it to be all that good or entertaining.
    Wow, I am stunned, oz. i've yet to hear you pan something that I liked. First time for everything, I guess! I certainly remembering liking both seasons equally. I read the books first, but normally that has an adverse reaction on subsequently watching the cinematic version, but no so in this case for me.

Hopefully, the show will grow on me during the remaining episodes because I hate being unable to get into something that's supposed to be so great.
    My advice is definitely to stick with it, and hopefully there will be pay-off for you. I feel that even if I didn't read the books, I would enjoy it. My wife definitely did not read the books, and was intrigued after Season 1 Episode 1, and solidly hooked by Episode 3 (so much so that she would sneak peaks at the back of my books to see what was coming). Personally, I have never enjoyed a made-for-television drama more than I have this series, and I hope the quality is maintained for the future episodes. One thing I think they did exceptionally well is the language of Kal-Drogo and his barbarians. I'm not going to renew my vows in it or anything, but I thought it was intelligently put together and the actors did great job speaking it. The acting/casting was also great, I thought. The storyline (a.k.a. the most important part) is hard to follow at first (esp. if you haven't read the books), but again, considering they only have an hour per episode (they could easily make each episode 2 hours and that would rock), they do all right. I can see how people might have trouble keeping their interest held, though (my wife asked a LOT of questions early on).

A lot of the hoopla for the shows could be due to the inordinately large and crazy fan-base, and that is skewing the overall perception. I've heard that they currently out-rival any other fiction fan-base on the planet, in terms of activity, size, and general psychosis. I do not number myself amongst these Winterfell-ian zealots (I'm more of a Middle-Earth nut-job), but during the height of Season 2 (I ordered HBO expressly for that show), it would not have taken a huge shove to push me over the edge...I've calmed down a bit again, since it has gone off the air and you have to wait so freakin' long for Winter to Come.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    My advice is definitely to stick with it, and hopefully there will be pay-off for you.
    Just finished watching episodes three, four, and five, and it seems to be getting better. It's still not (at least not for me) anywhere close to the 9.4 rating as shown on the database score, but definitely getting better. I'll be finishing the full season, then making the decision about whether or not to go for the next full season. The blu-ray set that I was given also includes the first episode of season two, so I'll be seeing that as well. In the end, perhaps I'll be hooked like so many others have been.
    oz

Trusted Penguin
    I'll be finishing the full season, then making the decision about whether or not to go for the next full season.
    Hey, you're giving it that old college try!

I will be recording Defiance next on my Dish receiver Box.

The series is set in the near future, where aliens known collectively as Votans have come to Earth seeking a new home after their solar system was destroyed. However, when they reached Earth, they discovered despite a prolonged negotiation with the government on Earth, they were not welcome. Rather than turn away, they began a war with the humans as they are determined to make Earth their new home. During the war, the Votans drop terraformers on the planet and transform the surface of the planet; scorching the earth, opening chasms in the ground and covering the surface of the planet in dust and debris. After decades of war, a ceasefire is declared when both sides realize they must focus on survival on this new almost alien planet. The series largely revolves around the character of Jeb Nolan. Jeb was only ten years old when the Votans arrived and he served in the military during the war. With the war now over, he returns to his hometown of St Louis to find it's is no longer the city he left; it is little more than refugee camp. Deciding his services are needed, Jeb takes up a position as the Chief Law-keeper in Defiance, so he can protect the town from dangerous clashes between humans, aliens, military scavengers and other dangerous visitors who occasionally enter the town
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    I will be recording Defiance next on my Dish receiver Box.
    I've been seeing the advertisements for that one. If they do it right, then it looks to be a helluva ride!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10