Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
For what it's worth to each of you. You can opt out. Advertising and Privacy ? Google...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

For what it's worth to each of you. You can opt out.
    Advertising and Privacy ? Google
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I never really took much notice of google's policies and their targeted advertising until recently.

Its not really a big deal unless you really like your privacy or your doing something illegal.

Really, they ought to stop beating around the bush and spit it out.

Here's what they should have said is we are going to track you whether you like it or not and to cover up and possible privacy breaches we may have incurred we you have X amount of time to stop using us after which you consent to our policy.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, business does what business needs - to make $$. Google is no different from any other company in that regard. Their customers (us) provide them the means by which they can show a profit to their stock-holders. I don't begrudge them that as long as they aren't TOO obnoxious about it. I use gmail, google apps, chrome, etc. I have installed AdBlocker on Chrom, so I am not inundated with ads. I don't like that they have access to my data. I would prefer if it could be encrypted so that even Google cannot read it to send it to our overly inquisitive governments, but then I realize that whatever I say on the Internet is visible to all, potentially! So, I say, SCREW YOU WHATEVER GOVERNMENT OR OTHER PINHEAD YOU REPRESENT!...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2