Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hi my name is Ash, i am a network administrator/IT professional in the Boulder area. I'm currently working with Ubuntu and Samba. My dad first introduced me to Linux when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I'm new!

Hi my name is Ash, i am a network administrator/IT professional in the Boulder area. I'm currently working with Ubuntu and Samba. My dad first introduced me to Linux when I was about 11, and have loved it ever since. I am also Deaf. Hope I can find some help here when I need it and give it when I can. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! hope we're able to help you with any needs that arise.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you join us.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by asharp View Post
    Hi my name is Ash, i am a network administrator/IT professional in the Boulder area. I'm currently working with Ubuntu and Samba. My dad first introduced me to Linux when I was about 11, and have loved it ever since.Thanks!
    wow, you ..ahem, new folks are gonna do wonders!

Welcome to the forums Ash, we are glad to have you here.

Quote Originally Posted by jonyo View Post
    wow, you ..ahem, new folks are gonna do wonders!
    Bashing newbies or anyone else is not allowed here. Please find a better attitude and try again. Consider this your first and last warning and this is not a debate.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

it was a compliment.

given your lovely display. good luck and thx for letting me know nice quick and painless

what you folks are oh so typically about, and of which i want no further part of

it is indeed fortunate for a youngster, to be influenced by no less a family member

and rolling with the wonders of linux

which appears to be a about more smoke and mirrors here

i'm confident new folks on rthe scene, will deal will the old lame status quo bs
    Last edited by jonyo; 02-08-2012 at 09:24 AM.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Yeah. Mike Tbob sometimes gets a bit prickly. Most of the time he is spot on, so we generally try to tolerate him when he is in his "Super Moderator" role... Ok Bob, I'll stop needling you now!

Anyway asharp, I'm a 64 year old software geek, and my 18 year old grandson and I often discuss a lot of Linux issues. He has been writing kernel drivers for several years now! His passion are self-piloted airplanes and helicopters. He designs and builds them from scratch, and the guidance systems are all linux-based, designed and programmed by him entirely! He only needs my help when things get really wonky because I have a LOT of years of debugging experience! In fact, he cannot send any of his work out of the country because the US Department of Commerce that manages the export of sensitive technology won't give him an export permit! I guess his work is just too good! Anyway, he has juvenile type 1 diabetes, so we know something of disabilities and not letting them get in the way of achieving your dreams.

So, I just want to say welcome to the forums. If there is anything you need that we can help with, Linux-wise, DO NOT be reticent to ask! And I think I speak for most of us that we will happily answer any questions you send via private message as well, though mostly asking them on the forums will generally help others as well.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    Yeah. Mike Tbob sometimes gets a bit prickly. Most of the time he is spot on, so we generally try to tolerate him when he is in his "Super Moderator" role... Ok Bob, I'll stop needling you now!
    unfortunately, he as everyone here represents this site for what it is, and as a super mod is held to a much higher standard,

sez it all right away for folks who have been around the block,

where there is obvious smoke, i can spot it quick now and move on,

i don't even tolerate the above, from far lesser players, in any forum these days

he represents here, by his words and in a big way, what started as ~ "the wonderful world of Linux "

best

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    unfortunately, he as everyone here represents this site for what it is, and as a super mod is held to a much higher standard,

i don't even tolerate the above, from far lesser players, in any forum these days

he represents here, by his words and in a big way, what started as ~ "the wonderful world of Linux "

best
    Well, Jonyo in your short time here, you have made some very good posts. We will miss having you around if you do decide to "move on". No forum is perfect. I wish you the best of everything in your endeavors.

-Rubberman
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

best

It's time to let it go now. Let it go and move along or just move along. I let you get the last word (twice) and make your snide remarks. I am trying to give you a chance here but you aren't making it easy let me tell you.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast