Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All!! My name is Lorenzo and i study at University to become systems engineer! With the release of Windows 8 -_- I knew it was time to change operating ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello!

Hi All!!

My name is Lorenzo and i study at University to become systems engineer! With the release of Windows 8 -_- I knew it was time to change operating system!!
    I tested various Linux distributions in an attempt to find one good for me!
    I tried: Ubuntu 10/11, Ubuntu Studio, Kubuntu, Fedora 16, RedHat 6, Linux Mint 10/11, and PearOS.

At the moment im stable with LinuxMint 11 for home and RedHat 6 for University

Hello. Welcome on board.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already found it, you might want to check out distrowatch.com. Glad to have you join us.
    Registered Linux user #526930

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorius View Post
    Hi All!!

My name is Lorenzo and i study at University to become systems engineer! With the release of Windows 8 -_- I knew it was time to change operating system!!
    I tested various Linux distributions in an attempt to find one good for me!
    I tried: Ubuntu 10/11, Ubuntu Studio, Kubuntu, Fedora 16, RedHat 6, Linux Mint 10/11, and PearOS.

At the moment im stable with LinuxMint 11 for home and RedHat 6 for University
    Well, if you are using RHEL 6.x at school, you might want to try out Scientific Linux 6.x, which is a full clone of RHEL (but free) from Fermi Lab in the US and CERN in Switzerland! It is used in most of the physics and other scientific labs in the world today. See www.scientificlinux.org for more information. Well, the site seems to be down right now... I'm sure it will be back up PDQ! I just asked my wife, who is a staff member at FermiLab where SL is maintained, and she just barked at me!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!