Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm working in a automation company since 5 yrs..I've experience in micro controller embedded c programming..now I want to learn Linux and RTOS programming...from where I can start..is there any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

help to learn linux programming

I'm working in a automation company since 5 yrs..I've experience in micro controller embedded c programming..now I want to learn Linux and RTOS programming...from where I can start..is there any good book for it.

Thanks,

There's an O'Reilly book called Unix System Programming that you might try.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    If you are REALLY interested in true real-time programming in a Posix-compliant system, get QNX (now owned by RIM) Neutrino. They have tonnes of documentation, how-tos, and such to get you up to speed. It is a truly deterministic operating system used for many real-time applications ranging from fighter-jet avionics to nuclear reactor control systems. I've used it since it first came out on the x86 processor family in 1982, and have delivered many applications into various manufacturing industries from automotive to medical device to semiconductor fabs, as well as to the US Navy, based upon the QNX operating system. I still use it, even though most of my work is with Linux these days.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    If you are REALLY interested in true real-time programming in a Posix-compliant system, get QNX (now owned by RIM) Neutrino. They have tonnes of documentation, how-tos, and such to get you up to speed. It is a truly deterministic operating system used for many real-time applications ranging from fighter-jet avionics to nuclear reactor control systems. I've used it since it first came out on the x86 processor family in 1982, and have delivered many applications into various manufacturing industries from automotive to medical device to semiconductor fabs, as well as to the US Navy, based upon the QNX operating system. I still use it, even though most of my work is with Linux these days.
    thanks Rubberman

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You can find out more about QNX here: QNX Realtime Operating System (RTOS) software, middleware, development tools** and services for superior embedded design - and you can also download an evaluation copy from them. They support most microcontrollers and CPUs, and were one of the founders/contributors to the Eclipse CDT - C/C++ programming plugins. It also runs nicely in a VirtualBox virtual machine.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!