Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
I have never met the man but I do not like Kobe Bryant!! Last night Kobe Bryant was outdone by Jeremy Lin the new point guard for the New York ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

New York's LINsanity

I have never met the man but I do not like Kobe Bryant!!
    Last night Kobe Bryant was outdone by Jeremy Lin the new point guard for the New York Knicks. Kobe had 34 points but Jeremy scored 38 points. Since he became the starting point guard the Knicks have not lost a game. LINsanity has taken over New York City. I'm very happy for him because he goes out there and gives 110% all of the time!!
    nujinini likes this.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    In bball, a good point guard is worth their weight in, well, whatever valuable material you name! I haven't followed the sport for awhile, since I left BeanTown 6 years ago (Chicago's team leaves a lot to be desired these days), but this has always been a key factor in a team's success (or lack thereof) it seems to me! A great, and dominating center, is one thing (hail Wilt-the-Stilt, Kareem, et al), but a great point guard can make an otherwise middling team into a great one - they will inspire their teammates to play better! So Lucky, I say (first time ever, I think), GO KNICKS!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Make that five in a row!! An ugly win is still a win!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Jeremy Lin should and is expected to become a good player but it's going to take more time to learn the position of PG. A little known fact about Jeremy Lin:
    J-Lin-Maverick.jpg
    He was a Maverick in the Summer League but when you have Jason Kidd as a PG with plenty of backups, you tend to pass on the unproven guys. He was a fan favorite during his short time here but Dallas management couldn't make it happen. Coincidentally, a Dallas Maverick forum that I am a member of just released a Jeremy Lin story. Click here to read it.
    Scout.com: When Jeremy Lin Was A Maverick
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, maybe Lin has found his "sweet spot" with the Knicks! My best wishes go with him!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

It is very refreshing, in today's world of arrogant sports figures, to see a class act!! I hope that Mr. Lin becomes
    a well known and well liked role model for New York youngsters!!
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    It is very refreshing, in today's world of arrogant sports figures, to see a class act!!
    Yes, it would be definitely be nice to have more athletes that people could actually look up to as role models. I've lost interest in most sports due to the quirky behavior of so many athletes, and sometimes even the coaches.
    oz

Once again Jeremy Lin has carried his team to a win in Toronto for the Knicks sixth straight win!
    Linux user # 414321

I'm a Kings fan, but man, Lin makes me get excited for the sport again. I'm glad to see Kobe put in his place (he's past his prime, I say "sit down and shut up" to him these days). If Kings aren't going to win (which I'm willing to gamble on), then, go Knicks!
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

I'm from Boston and spent my life being a Celtics fan! Jemery Lin is the kind of person that inspires everyone around him, including the fans. I am not a Knicks fan; I am a Jeremy Lin fan and I wish him the very best!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast