Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Prob gotta be my logitech harmony remote. Found in a glass of water next to my bed. Must have fell off the bed, what are the odds?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Most expensive thing you ever broke

Prob gotta be my logitech harmony remote. Found in a glass of water next to my bed. Must have fell off the bed, what are the odds?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by blwnv8 View Post
    Prob gotta be my logitech harmony remote. Found in a glass of water next to my bed. Must have fell off the bed, what are the odds?
    I have a Harmony One remote that I'd smash with a sledge hammer if only I were large enough and muscular enough to wield the hammer that I'd want to use.

That said, the most expensive thing that I've broken was probably the motorcycle I totaled out as a teenager.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Hello and welcome!
    I have a Harmony One remote that I'd smash with a sledge hammer if only I were large enough and muscular enough to wield the hammer that I'd want to use.

That said, the most expensive thing that I've broken was probably the motorcycle I totaled out as a teenager.
    Well if you count those I totaled my brand new (to me, $8000)truck I had only 3 weeks. I also totaled brand new 2011 ford ranger that was a company truck. Neither were my fault

Most expensive thing you ever broke
    1st 2 marriages.
    Freston likes this.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

My 65 Olds 442. Was mad one morning on my way to work, wound the big block up to over 6 grand and missed second gear. The rebuild was over $2,000.00.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    My 65 Olds 442. Was mad one morning on my way to work, wound the big block up to over 6 grand and missed second gear. The rebuild was over $2,000.00.
    Ouch. Most old school blocks don't like high rpms. I have a 70's 4 bolt 350. Could prob push 5800-6000 but its done making power at 5500

Not really broke but once I deleted a whole company data.

When I was a student I was also working as a computer operator on some Unisys mainframe (I posted a picture of the site a while back). So in this mainframe run the data of several companies, and constantly was running out of disk space, and also had this awfully old console terminal that was to slow to display what your had typed.

So one night it was asking for disk space again, the usual procedure was to delete temp files and the command was something like "DEL /company/files/tempfiles/=" . I typed the command and didn't wait to see it displayed and hit [SEND] only to see a little later that it only took "DEL /company/files/=". Yep all was going away. I got up and sweating cold went to my supervisor and told him what happened. fortunately for me, it was a policy to make a backup of the data before every night shift, so only was lost the processing time, but boy I was really scared!.

My TI-89 Plus was the most expensive gadget I ever broke -- threw it against the wall after several hours handling one stats proof in undergrad

As for larger gadgets, I went through 2 transmissions in my 5.0 when I was a kid, $6,500 for the two of them, 13 months apart
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    My TI-89 Plus was the most expensive gadget I ever broke -- threw it against the wall after several hours handling one stats proof in undergrad

As for larger gadgets, I went through 2 transmissions in my 5.0 when I was a kid, $6,500 for the two of them, 13 months apart
    As for that kinda cash you could have had a tranny built and beat it and it would just take it.

Crashed an entire LAN back in '95 using macros for data entry in Excel spreadsheet files. Down a day an a half costing many man-hours before an outside tech was brought in to fix the server. That was back in the P2 days -- never thought too much of Pentium Twos after that . . .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast