Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! Brand new to the forums; I have been using Linux for a little while, but I'm still learning. I'm in search for some sort of group or whatever to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

New to the forums.. Looking for a group..

Hello! Brand new to the forums; I have been using Linux for a little while, but I'm still learning. I'm in search for some sort of group or whatever to help develop my programming skills. Looking for other members of freenet who like the idea of developing freesites that spread information to the rest of those who seek it! Anyone is welcome to join me in learning!

Greetings! Glad to have you join the group.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Welcome to the community. I'd suggest being a bit more specific for what you're looking for in terms of a group. Are you looking for a teacher or group of teachers?? People just available to answer questions occasionally? If it's just occasional, I'd suggest just posting to the scripting/programming section often. If you're looking to really learn how to program I'd suggest the following:

UC Berkeley Webcasts | Video and Podcasts: Events by Category
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    yeah that link seems pretty helpful. Do you have any thing of that sort that pertains to python in particular?

Just Joined!
    Nevermind.. Just had to look a little harder:P

I'm currently doing the python class, 61a. If you just follow along and make sure you understand everything, you'll be set by the end of the three courses
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Just Joined!
    Yeah, I just started it! Thanks for the link btw