Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I've been a vegetarian for about a decade now and I've read a lot of these types of articles also. I know it's a big debate in quite a few ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've been a vegetarian for about a decade now and I've read a lot of these types of articles also. I know it's a big debate in quite a few of the eastern religions preisthoods such as Buddhism and Hinduism as their priests don't eat meat at all. As for would I, I'm not sure. I've talked to my wife about it and she's unsure also, our general stance is we don't feel like we miss out on anything by not eating it, so....why would we now? But, from an econ side I've read that fiscally it's at least 10-15 years away before mass production, possibly even longer than that.

Now....if you really want to be tripped out about where our future meat may come from: DailyTech - Japanese Make "Delicious", Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by jmadero View Post
    I've been a vegetarian for about a decade now and I've read a lot of these types of articles also. I know it's a big debate in quite a few of the eastern religions preisthoods such as Buddhism and Hinduism as their priests don't eat meat at all. As for would I, I'm not sure. I've talked to my wife about it and she's unsure also, our general stance is we don't feel like we miss out on anything by not eating it, so....why would we now? But, from an econ side I've read that fiscally it's at least 10-15 years away before mass production, possibly even longer than that.

Now....if you really want to be tripped out about where our future meat may come from: DailyTech - Japanese Make "Delicious", Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces

After reading the last few links, Jmadero, I'm quiet frankly, afraid to click on your link, sir. Maybe after dinner.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

If People Knew!!

If people actually became aware of the way " meat " reached their supermarket shelves they would never eat it.

Drugs, chemicals, steroids, etc. are passed from the animals into our bodies!! Staying healthy means staying away from " processed foods "!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi

Perhaps some of you have read the science fiction novel The Space Merchants. The topic of meat-non-meat is one of the themes ... cheers, drl

Amazon.com: The Space Merchants (9780312749514): Frederik Pohl, C. M. Kornbluth: Books
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2