Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone. I would like to say hello to everyone, since I am the one joining YOUR community. I read somewhere that is the custom when you join a new ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Knowledge hungry newbie joining in. lurking is over for me.

Hello everyone.
    I would like to say hello to everyone, since I am the one joining YOUR community. I read somewhere that is the custom when you join a new community. I am here to pester you with lots and lots of questions. Now before you jump ahead and ban me already, I just want to let you know I won't ask questions I can't already find the answer to on the forum. I can imagine how frustrating can be to anwer the questions you already did 10.000 times. It MAY happen, but not from lazyness or mal intent. I may just miss the answer. I am a windows user, soon to make the switch, probably forever. I feel that Linux (any distro, some more than others) are very complex and hard to grasp. But I guess that anything that is worth something, is hard to learn. Will post some questions, after i start reading everything I can find of interest (to me). Thank you for having me.

Welcome to LinuxForums!

Learning to use a new OS may seem like a daunting task, but just take it one step at a time. You'll soon find that much of it is more straight-forward than what you're already used to.
    Take a look around... lots of good info to be had here!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Welcome! Just give Linux the same patience and chance you gave Windows and you'll get there before you know it.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hello and Welcome, thanks for joining us here.
    We have plenty of helpful and smart members to pester for information. Good luck.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Welcome to the forum. Pester away.
    Registered Linux user #526930