Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I am doing my masters in Computer Application. I am interested in Linux and scripting. I want to choose my carrier only in Linux, but i am confused ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Possible carrier on linux

Hi all,
    I am doing my masters in Computer Application. I am interested in Linux and scripting. I want to choose my carrier only in Linux, but i am confused which domain/profile will best suit me. Can any one help me out? I don't know which are the possible domains/profiles available in context to Linux and scripting.

Just Joined!
    Could you please possibly elaborate a bit more? What do you mean by carrier, do you mean your operating system? Or was that a typo and you meant career? In which case most linux distros are not commercially developed and are made by communities with a passion for linux. That being said there are commercial linux's like redhat which you could try getting a job for...

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurdianAQ View Post
    Could you please possibly elaborate a bit more? What do you mean by carrier, do you mean your operating system? Or was that a typo and you meant career? In which case most linux distros are not commercially developed and are made by communities with a passion for linux. That being said there are commercial linux's like redhat which you could try getting a job for...
    Sorry my mistake, i am talking about career. I am in the last year of my masters and i don't know which are the core areas for system admin student to get a job in Linux environment. I like bash scripting and i want to work on Linux only.

Just Joined!
    So just to confirm, do you want to be working on developing linux or just providing system installation/administration? If it's installation/administration look into web hosting companies or server hosting companies.

Just Joined!
    there are very few careers that are Linux only. Windows will be there. also linux is not the best solution for all purposes. sometimes windows is better. other times a more classic unix environment is better.

Don't go into your first position carrying the holy war of OS. it is counter productive.

I do tell me windows people every time i can that their windows boxes are really just files running under linux.