Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
I don't use Youtube that much, so i don't have an opinion....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I don't use Youtube that much, so i don't have an opinion.

@SL6-A1000: Looks like a big wad of Mozilla Corp's "google millions" are being ploughed into a mobile OS: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G

Quote Originally Posted by caravel View Post
    @SL6-A1000: Looks like a big wad of Mozilla Corp's "google millions" are being ploughed into a mobile OS: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G
    Your point being...!

Perhaps that's where the main focus is now...? Instead of a faster and lighter next generation browser for the desktop.

Perhaps that's where the main focus is now...? Instead of a faster and lighter next generation browser for the desktop.
    Oh I must of totally mis-read that entire web page. Lol my bad I skim read. Second read finally got what your post was about

I say all too Mozilla if they can manage to make a net based os. Just as long as they don't take google's path, and keep privacy with the users at control not Mozilla.

Although I have one query how does this pass over to other web browsers? Like opera, safari, chrome. There not all planning net based os's? so one could presume resources could be reduced to a similar level as IE

Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post

Although I have one query how does this pass over to other web browsers? Like opera, safari, chrome. There not all planning net based os's? so one could presume resources could be reduced to a similar level as IE
    I sure hope they don't all become like IE!!!
    Registered Linux user #526930

Quote Originally Posted by MASONTX View Post
    I sure hope they don't all become like IE!!!
    I didn't mean functionality wise lol... i meant in terms of RAM. IE uses so little.

Maybe the low RAM usage is because of the low functionality :P

I looked into one called gmx mail
    I made a GXM account this week and I am liking it so far.

There are several reasons why I have wanted to move away from Firefox over the last year or two... the google affiliation...
    That's just great.

Quote Originally Posted by Randicus View Post
    Of course they are able, but surely they will not. They are probably using the same philosophy as DE developers. Bigger is better. Bells and whistles are attractive. Simple and fast is bad, big and slow is good. My guess is browsers will continue getting bigger, not revert to good functionality. It is a brave new world.
    And Capitalism. America is one of the biggest economies world-wide. It DEPENDS on complete consumer turnaround every 3-7 years (turnaround= consumers buying new (almost) everything every 3-7 years). So, along with bells and whistles and user requests, web browsers do what they have to in order to stay competitive in the market.

That is stupid though, what happens to all those old laptops and desktops that can only run 512MB to 1GB of RAM at max or people that can't afford the latest and greatest with a quad-core 4GB ram laptop?
    They want you to throw them away and buy new stuff to keep the ecnomoy high. But, I don't agree with that. I mean, I do to an extent, but mostly don't. This just doesn't seem like the place to get into an economic/political/cultural debate regarding respective philosophies. Suffice it to say, I mostly agree with you. Like 98.938431%.

Quote Originally Posted by Randicus View Post
    I agree with you completely. Unfortunately, that is the beauty of consumption-driven capitalism. (Yes, sarcasm.)
    Bingo! Not that no one else on here wasn't smart enough to figure it out. Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by garth813 View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts on Youtube?
    I'm willing to tolerate it for now. Especially since I have educational videos posted on there.

Thanks everybody for the thoughts and advice on the OP. I got what I wanted changed.
    Last edited by SkittleLinux18; 03-16-2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Punctuation and wording
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5