Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Just wanted to quickly add that I really did have high hopes of liking seamonkey and being able to go with it, and that may very well happen yet, but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Just wanted to quickly add that I really did have high hopes of liking seamonkey and being able to go with it, and that may very well happen yet, but just not as it stands right now. Glad it's already working out and suiting the needs of some of you, though!
    oz

I have to agree with some of the posts here. Seamonkey seems a bit unpolished. To me it looks and feels retro. I have the 2.8 version installed on my system which I DL'ed from the site. Most of my favorite extensions are not compilable with this version yet and I really wish they would place the close button on the tabs.
    Last edited by Lazydog; 03-19-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

I believe it's supposed to be retro - for everything else there's firefox.

My extensions are working ok in 2.8 - though I only use noscript and ghostery.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I'm still trying to adapt but won't be able to lose Firefox completely as there is no Firebug working for 2.4. I actually quite like how it looks; reminds me of the good old days
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    To add to what I reported above regarding my most recent trial of seamonkey, the only thing that I really liked about it was the 10+ megs (installed size) that it gave me as compared to the 32+ megs (installed size) for firefox. Even then, it felt a bit slower than firefox, and space is certainly not an issue, so there was pretty much no compelling reason to stick with it, at least not yet anyway. I'll very likely play with it again at some point in the future, though.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Well, I've adapted to Seamonkey almost completely. It is now my default Browser / Email Client (after I got fed up with Thunderbird locking up repeatedly) and the only time I use Firefox now is when I need to use Firebug.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

I love it! It's my default app for browsing and e-mail too. Midori crashes all the time (even the newest version) and FF is ssssllllowwwwwwwww. My only gripe is that I had to add a PPA to get the up-to-date version.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3