Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been working on find like an old laptop. 128mb ram and like 4+ gb hard drive. However I only know one person that owns one and they aren't selling. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ideas on a cheap Laptop

I've been working on find like an old laptop. 128mb ram and like 4+ gb hard drive. However I only know one person that owns one and they aren't selling.

So i was wondering if anyone else knew where I could look. I've been on ebay, amazon, CL (sadly) did pull a nice wreck for $50 though. Ummm anyways any ideas?

I don't have a lot of money to spend otherwise I would just get a netbook although even they are a bit tiny for me.

I just need something to keep track of my notes without the internet so I don't get side tracked. Mainly I will be using an external for data. Just gonna slap a DSL or puppy to it or use a USB and keeps programming notes and other project notes.

Basically I'm asking anyone know where to get a cheap POS to keep notes lol.

oz
    forum.guy
    Some computer forums have a classified ads section (we no longer have one here) where their members can buy/sell used computers, laptops, and various computer components. I'd recommend trying one of those to see if you can find what you are looking for.

Good luck with it... hope you find what you seek.
    oz

You might consider going to a local community college, and checking out their bulletin boards.
    Many times, you can find notices where students will be selling their older models.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Alright thanks I'll give both of those methods a try.

Well I've opted on a laptop with no HDD.

So essentially I'm just gonna use Puppy + an external and hopefully it'll work just fine.