Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and everyone is entitled to live their own way!! However this is too far out there for me!! Is Insect-Eating Really The Future ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

To Each Their Own Way Of Life!!

Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and everyone is entitled to live their own way!! However this is too far out there for me!!
    Is Insect-Eating Really The Future Of Food? | The Daily Feed | Minyanville.com
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

If there's an insect out there the size of a pig, I won't be eating it, I'll hope it doesn't eat me.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Do you eat prawns (shrimp, I think you Americans call it), they're the sea-borne equivalent of insects. Surely what counts is how good they taste and if they make you ill. It's only because its different to what you normally eat that makes it seem unpalatable. Personally, I have no problem being higher up the food chain than insects. They've bitten me often enough - now it's my turn.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Would crabs and lobster also be sea-borne insects? Some of the Alaskan king crab get quite large, large enough to do serious damage if they got hold of you.

Each North American eats several pounds of insects every year, but most are unaware of it. Insects get into food processing machines, so almost every piece of processed food has bits of insects in it.
    Food for thought. I could not resist the pun.

Well it could make a whole new market... Think of it, instead of cattle farms, there could be locust farms hehehhe. $1 per locust would certainly earn you more in the long run, than $500 per cow or something like that

They breed like crazy and they don't take years to get big enough to be worth something, also they can be pretty hardy when it comes to weather and environment.

And the bonus is if you don't like the vegetables your next door neighbor is growing, just let a 100 locust loose on their property, that ought to set em' straight, not to mention the nice plumbed up locusts you will be able to sell

Quote Originally Posted by SL6-A1000 View Post
    Well it could make a whole new market...

I remember years ago that a UN study found that rats would make a good source of protein in many slum areas. Perhaps the same could be done with roaches.

oz
    forum.guy

Yummy!

I don't know... those fried tarantulas are looking mighty tasty:

oz

One of the good things about living in China is being able to eat things like dog and donkey. Dog meat is fairly average, but donkey meat is very good. Almost as good as crocodile (which I ate in Australia).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast