Find the answer to your Linux question:
Two weeks of programming a macro, last night made huge gains on getting it to do what I need it to do....only to open it up today and have the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Stupid LibreOffice.....Need to Complain

Two weeks of programming a macro, last night made huge gains on getting it to do what I need it to do....only to open it up today and have the macro reverted back to 2 weeks ago. Not sure how it happened but all my work from the last 2 weeks is gone.....dammit
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

Complete guess: Corrupted and reverted to a backup...?

I use spideroak to backup everything and checking the 7 backups on it all of them have the same bs screwed up macro code.....I'm wondering if it was Spideroak or LO that messed up, either way, debating if I'm going to put in the time again....

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I've had macros on 2 of my spreadsheets, first under OOo then under LO and they've continued to work without a hitch. Now, I realise that's absolutely no consolation to you at the moment but it shows they can work.
    They save me a lot of work so if yours will save you then it may be worth persevering.
    The only other thing I can think is that I do run compile and save every time I make an amendment to a macro and that's before I save the document itself.
    Pete

Yeah this isn't my first macro so I have no idea what happened. The macro now contains an original paste of code that I borrowed from someone else, none of my changes to it (including the fact that I deleted like 90% of what I borrowed from them).....debating if I should just use emacs and then paste the code into LO when I want to test something

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply a lack of knowledge. I thought you were trying LO for the first time after OOo and just wanted to reassure you - there does seem to be a general antipathy towards LO in various forums.
    Pete