Find the answer to your Linux question:
It's been 50 years since I was in high school and a lot of these facts were not taught in school then!! That's my excuse for doing so poorly on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

At 31% I Flunked The Science Quiz!!

It's been 50 years since I was in high school and a lot of these facts were not taught in school then!! That's my excuse for doing so poorly on this test!!
    General Science Quiz
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I did a little bit better... but some of the questions were blind guesses...
    63%
    But Question 12 puts me at a minority advantage. I have blue eyes with a green inner iris!!!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    63% also. Must do better
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

69% ... but should really have done better all but one question have covered - but it's at least 15 years ago I'm sure the answers are in books I have which are less than 2 metres from me at the moment!

Well, I got 81% but I think it's an unfair comparison. After all, I trained in science and have a chemistry degree. I think a lot of this stuff relies on technical language that the average well-educated person wouldn't be expected to know.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"

Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    Well, I got 81% but I think it's an unfair comparison. After all, I trained in science and have a chemistry degree. I think a lot of this stuff relies on technical language that the average well-educated person wouldn't be expected to know.
    I also think some of the questions are a bit, er.., dodgy. Take no. 12:

A person's father has the genotype bb (blue eyes). The mother has the genotype BB (brown eyes). What is the chance that any children will have blue eyes? Remember that brown eyes are dominant.

Apart from the confusion between which generation is 'the father', 'the person' and 'the child', whether it really means 'any' children or 'each child', it also does not ask us to take into account the colour of the milkman's eyes...

I got 63% on the test - thought it was rigged when I looked down this thread the the first two replies were the same score.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

I got 48% - but nearly all guesses (some of them intelligent guesses, but guesses nonetheless). Mind you it is nearly 40 years since I studided science.

Scored 63, but as Peter D says, its been 40 years since I studied this stuff.
    Registered Linux user #526930

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    I also think some of the questions are a bit, er.., dodgy. Take no. 12:

A person's father has the genotype bb (blue eyes). The mother has the genotype BB (brown eyes). What is the chance that any children will have blue eyes? Remember that brown eyes are dominant.

Apart from the confusion between which generation is 'the father', 'the person' and 'the child', whether it really means 'any' children or 'each child', it also does not ask us to take into account the colour of the milkman's eyes...

I got 63% on the test - thought it was rigged when I looked down this thread the the first two replies were the same score.
    The answer to this question is that we can't know for sure, because eye colour is a lot more complex than the question makes out to be.

P.S.

I got 69% and I have a physics degree ( finished more than 10 years ago though, not that there were many physics questions)